Freestyle BivySack

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this whit you guys, if anybody's into hiking or being lightweight this is a great idea!

Basically it's a Backpack - waterproof and all, with a build in Bivy to sprout right out its opening! Though a bit pricey I think it's a brilliant idea, and it's made by a traveller!

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
It's a neat idea and I like it, though it seems a little gimmicky. Be wary of kickstarter projects in general. A significant portion of the time it's a person with a neat idea who wants money and doesn't intend on delivering.

E

etpyh

I wonder how much of the normal backpack you can utilize for the bivy without losing functionality of the backpack. From the video it almost seems as if you are lying right in the backpack, if so you would have to take your stuff out of the pack. I can not really see much that you could use on a backpack to build a bivy. Maybe you could safe a little bit of weight on the bivy if you use the top part of the backpack as the end part of the bivy, but the weight cut wouldn't make up for the less flexibility in my eyes. Plus the bivy is only waterproof with a rainjacket. That there is a mosquito net and tent poles on it is cool though. Would love to see one in person.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads