FolkLife 2011

FawnDroke

Reaction score
I've been trying to get as many people to come this year as possible, because Folk Life kicks ass.
I'll be roaming around there all four days and then I probably won't come back to Washington for a good while.

Christiananarchy - Kev and myself will probably show up at the community center if Wapato is living there, so Kev and I will say our howdys and all the good stuff.

FawnDroke

Reaction score
Oh and I can't promise you that we won't have weapons when we visit. My knifes and mace are just part of me when I'm traveling.
You can understand that.

FigTree

Reaction score
just sent in my volunteer information, can't wait to see everyone! i'm probably gonna go alone, so if you meet a kid calling himself Fig be friendly prease

FawnDroke

Reaction score
If anyone notices someone with red and black hair; half of which is shaved off, and junk dreads hanging 'round with her guy, I'm Squirrel, and I love to meet respectable people.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Also, word is that squatlife is gonna be at the aforementioned social center. For those of you who don't know, it's immediately after folklife, and all the crusty/anarcho folk bands that played folklife play it. Hail seizures are the only confirmed band at this point I believe, but I'm sure other crusty folk punk bands will get on the bill too. I'll keep this thread updated as i figure it out more.
also
Autonomia | A Radical Social Space in Seattle

Dameon

Reaction score
Bums Making a Mess All Over the City might be able to do a short set at squatlife...Might be a little exhausted after busking our asses off during Folklife. Would have to talk to the rest of the band about it, but I'm sure they'd be up for it.

Geoff

Reaction score
i'm gonna try and make it but don't know if i'll make it in time. i'm gonna be hitchin out of texas around may 24th.

Wanderman

Reaction score
I'll be hitching out of Portland or Astoria to get to this. I think I'd been to Autonomia before, although I don't think it was open or named at the time. SquatLife sounds pretty damn awesome too. I'd love to lend a hand and volunteer my time for a few weeks while I'm in town.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Hey punx.
Squat life is still up in the air, but there is an open mic happening Saturday, May 28th at Autonomia Social Center that you kids should come play at. It's donation based and should be a pretty good time. It starts at 7pm and if you catch the 8 from Seattle Center (Folk Life) heading towards Rainer Beach, It'll take you to 23rd and jackson, real close to Autonomia. There will also be lots of freegan food available, lots of coffee, computer access, free clothes, etc.

AutonomiaSeattle.org

Come show off your stuff and hang out!

And please remember that Autonomia is an alcohol-free space.

c

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've been out there with my girl, and the two people we're travellin with.
Will be headed back out there again today.

On a side note... over night camp-out(encouraged) rave close to Seattle on June 18th on a mountain top. It's called Apollo's Groove and is gonna be done by map point. Either me or my girl (Oranges) will probably be able to post up more info soon.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads