Finally?

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
I've been lurkin' around on here for a few months now. I guess it's about time I finally introduced myself, rather then just jumping into conversations.
My name's Sydney. I'm from Southern California. Starting in June I plan to travel long-term. I'm not exactly sure where I'll end up this summer, but I've had quite a few options on where to start. Pretty much from Northern Cali, Canada or maybe even Nicaragua. I hope to buy & get a 1940 Greyhound bus from my family into my name and hopefully get it back running properly. Doubt I can get very far with it, but it’ll be my back-up home. :p

I’m only a few miles from the Colton train yard, so until then if anyone’s down to chill, don’t be afraid to PM me. :)

ridegnu

Reaction score
"Doubt I can get very far with it."

Careful lady, words are very powerful. Don't sell yourself short, when people tell you that you can do whatever you put your mind to, they ain't lieing.

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
Well the only reason I say I cant get too far with it is because it gets 8 miles to the gallon.. :p
But I plan to take it as far as I can someday

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nah, you only have to convert the oil if you're burning bio diesel which is pretty much the same as diesel. you can FILTER waste veggie oil from grease pits and it'll burn in a desiel engine with the right setup. google it, it's awesome! im doing it with a school bus!

ridegnu

Reaction score
The veggie oil conversion is suppperr simple. We just did it to my buddy's Land Cruiser and drove it all the way down Mexico.

Finding Oil in Mexico can be challenging but for now finding oil in North America is pretty simple. However with more people and more buisness' getting wiser to it, the "free" fuel wont be available forever.

SVO which is "Straight Vegetable Oil" is different from Bio Diesel. For SVO you just collect it from behind restaurants and simply filter it, which requires only time (about 1 hr per 25 L).

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do it, but everytime I bring it up my family, they throw a bunch of BS at me.
I just mentioned it to my brother again and he sounds like he's intrested in helping me this time.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads