Calling All OCD Suffers...

Ghostie

Reaction score
While someone is talking or while I'm talking or reading, I will start counting out the number of letters that are in certain words or phrases. And then based on the total, I will divide it up, usually by 2 or 3 or 4 or 5, and then I will sound out the new words that are created. I also have the "picking" OCD, which means I pull out my hair obsessively as well as my nails and cuticles. I also have a fear of small pieces of paper and stickers because of how disorderly they are. Seriously. Post-it notes? No way.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Well, I don't know if they'd really qualify as OCD since other folks notice them more than I do but I have a few. I use to have a problem with nail biting, where I'd bite my nails down to the cuticles but I managed to stop doing that but then started skin picking(popping of pimples or ingrown hairs). I also have a few other habits that other folks find really annoying, like toe crunching(don't ask) and a few other odd habits. All of them get much worse when I'm stressed and I'm not really very conscious of them most of the time unless someone points them out, although I am somewhat aware of them and can supress them for short periods but not longterm. In some ways their more like nervous tics than OCD, but all of these things seem to be related somehow.

skunkskunk

Reaction score
i bite my fingers. like, the skin on my fingers even past my cuticles and down the sides of my thumbs.
they're completely scarred after 3 years.
it looks like i stuck my fingers into a pencil sharpener

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads