Brew It Yourself

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hahah oh boy. if you add more yeat to the brew it yourself recipeie from the thread you can have some awesome booze in 24 hours. and those filter tube ciggs are AWESOME!!!

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
o wait thats the thread were on. well i guess thats proof that it works hahahah cuz im feelin it now

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
does anyone know how to make yeast? just wondering. i think u gotta use apple peals or somthin but idk

dprogram

Reaction score
Ok you guys...boought yeast...pure cider...and I found a gallon jug and washed it in bleach...so my next step woul be to add yeast sugar and cider and see what happens right?

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
Ok you guys...boought yeast...pure cider...and I found a gallon jug and washed it in bleach...so my next step woul be to add yeast sugar and cider and see what happens right?

Add 2 cups of sugar and the packet of yeast. Mix it up and put a balloon over the top of the jug. Soon enough, fucking wine.

steelcitybrew

Reaction score
does anyone know how to make yeast? just wondering. i think u gotta use apple peals or somthin but idk

You can re-use your yeast dude, Get a clean jug to siphon all your cider (wine, whatever) into.....

let the jug your fermenting in sit for a while, so that all the yeast is at the bottom and not floating around your cider (or just leave it in the same place you left it to ferment and siphon from there)

Grab a tube and siphon your cider into that new container.
-Try not to let your siphon touch the yeast cake at the bottom of your jug so you keep your cider clear

Then you just add more liquid on top of the yeast, and your sugar, give 'er a shake

Now you got cider that is going to ferment even faster than using package yeast!
while saving the dollar you would have used for that champagne yeast or whatever for the cider (or wine, whayever).

And be careful about sealing your batch into containers while its sweet, and still fermenting. (it can be bitter and still be fermenting) Because you will have these blowing up on you. Be careful. If your bottling or storing in a gallon jugs make sure you refridgerate them as soon as possible. Maybe keep the cap off until its completely cold. Yeast will go inactive in fridges.

Especially if your sweetening your wine (cider). Make sure that its already cold before you add sugar or frozen concentrate or whatever sweetener, it will reduce chances of a bottle bomb

Just because its not bubbling doesnt mean its not still fermenting.
And its a shitty shitty mess to clean up. (also could be dangerous)

steelcitybrew

Reaction score
And you can hope to trap wild yeast if you get a bucket fill it with juice, buy cheese cloth to cover the top (dont go over kill, sheet or two to keep the bugs and dust out) then leave it outside in the open air.

And you hope that you dont get bacteria, you will know if its bacteria if it flat out doesnt seem edible. Smell, look, colour, taste. Then you reuse the yeast and save it once you get yourself a good strain.

And yeah apple skin has yeast im about 95% sure, and that buying unpasturized cider, you can get away with not using yeast at all but just adding sugar (if you want), and throw an airlock or balloon on to and leave it to ferment. And hope it didnt get infected with bacteria or something

dprogram

Reaction score
Still haven't tried this yet. I think I have read every single recipe. Now I need a glass jug since the Sunny D on I cleaned it too wide to get a balloon over.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Still haven't tried this yet. I think I have read every single recipe. Now I need a glass jug since the Sunny D on I cleaned it too wide to get a balloon over.
use a condom

dprogram

Reaction score
Yeah...I don't have any of those. I've got a punching bag balloon I used from when I had a few boxes of NO2. It's hardcore and I cant get it over the top....I'll figure it out. I wonder if you added vanilla extract to the finished product if it would make it worth the high cost for the added kick?

K

Kim Chee

I used to have a fairly elaborate hobbyist wine making kit at home and am somewhat knowledgeable in this area. You can make a drinkable wine from welch's frozen concentrate and sugar (both ebt-able), add enough sugar that it would make you kinda sick if you drank a large glass (really sweet!). Next add some wine yeast from your local homebrew supply, a 1-2$ package will make up to 5 gallons. I suggest lalvin ec-1118 for high alcohol concentration and quick fermentation time. If you're only going to make two gallons, dump the whole thing in. Make sure you have enough room in your container so when it starts bubblin' it doesn't make a mess. Keep it in a place that is about 75* a little higher/lower is ok but it will affect the fermentation time. If you did everything right, it will be furiously fizzing in 2-3 days (more or less on temp). Watch for the fizzing to kind of slow down, when it does take a sip. If it doesn't taste a little sweet, add more sugar. Be patient and watch for the fermentation to slow down and then stop entirely (no more bubbles). Now sit down with your buddies and uncork that shit and pass it around!

Riggs

Reaction score
I have put one when I used a balloon or just napkins and an elastic or string

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
so i've got my autumn batch of cider brewing already (btw, condoms instead of balloons look downright giggly once they start to inflate, but thats just my inner 9 year-old), but i stumbled across a 750ml bottle of non-alcoholic cider i bought years ago for god knows what reason and im wondering if there is anything i can add to it (short of gasoline or liquor) to turn it into the fuck-you-up kinda cider.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
so i stumbled across a 750ml bottle of non-alcoholic cider i bought years ago for god knows what reason and im wondering if there is anything i can add to it (short of gasoline or liquor) to turn it into the fuck-you-up kinda cider.

A cup of sugar per gallon of cider (equaling 2% abv potential cup-per-gallon).. and a high alcohol tolerant yeast.

My favorite is Lalavin's EC-1118.

That shit is a beast at 18% alco-tolerance.

But if that shit has Potassium Sorbate in it your gonna have to make a yeast starter

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads