Brew It Yourself

Jdm81

Reaction score
If you live with your folks and they aren't down with the idea...I'd really recommend just buying a 40..or findind someone to buy it..or finding somewhere else to brew. Cause unless your parents have no sense of smell..they are gonna know its there pretty quick..Anything fermenting will tend to give off a pretty noticeable smell you know.

after I get my home darkroom built I'm gonna make it a darkroom/beer room. gotta keep in on the d.l. though cuz my 'rents will get pissed if they know.

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
just started. i was druunk already and think i added to much yeast, but thats ok, ill stomach it if need be. ill let you know how it comes out in a week or 2

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ok,im a lil scared to test this out,but i brewed some up and ill let you know how it was depending on what the medical examiners say hahaha

Reactions: dprogram

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hell yeah, i added a ton of yeast lol. it stoped fermenting this morning and it is pretty damn good. it definatley works too

bryanpaul

Reaction score

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
now that looks wort trying!!! im gunna hit the scrap yard today and try to fin as much of this stuff as possible. thanks for the link man!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Reactions: crazy john

steelcitybrew

Reaction score
Ive been making 5 gallon batches of cider every two or three weeks for the past like 8 or 10 months.

heres my recipe

17 - litres real apple juice not from concentrate (ive used concentrate too, just as good, and easier to carry home plus cheaper)

1 KG of cane sugar - any sugar works just needs to be finer than the regular granulated sugar ( thats just short of 2 lbs i believe) (my brew store has this stuff cheaper than the grocery stores)

1 package of Lalvin 1118 yeast(get at brew store)

half a teaspoon of yeast nutrient (get a brew store)

------------------------------

I put this all into one of those 5 gallon glass wine Carboys, shake, and let it sit with an air lock on it.
Sanitize this with a bleach / water combination, and rinse until you cannot smell bleach any more in the carboy. Be careful not to contaminate the carboy with the tap or anything. I doubt you will, im pretty careless and havnt had a contamination yet

I than let it ferment for as long as I can wait. a week at a minimum. Remember longer you wait the better it will taste! And if you can keep what your fermenting cool, around the low 70's it will also taste better. I think thats it.
Get a big rubber maid container and freeze some water bottles, put the carboy in there with water to keep it cool.

I add sulphite and sulphate to kill off the yeast (get from a brew store) and sweeten with 3 apple juice concentrate, then bottle!

This comes out to about 8 - 10 percent alcohol

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Fuck yes! I love EC-1118. That shit is a beast. It's basically a turbo yeast that has been packaged as a champagne yeast. If you use 10 or so packets you can ferment stuff out to 18-19% in a couple days. But that's only if your going for a mash to distill with.
But yeah. That stuff makes great cider for sure.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
I just finished making 2 gallons of wine.
Everything went better than expected!
Used fresh orange juice from the tree in my back yard and black berries i dumpstered.
Only took 7 days to completely ferment. And godamn is it strong!
Super sour but overall fantastic!
Will do again.

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
so thank you for this thread. ive never been so drunk for so cheap for as long as i have been. ive been makeing this recipie about once every week and a half plus i make super yeasted batches with tons of sugar every couple days so i can drink while i wait for the good stuff. i also found that i have cut down on the amount i physically consume in the past couple weeks and i think its because of this process, but im not sure why or if it even really is

Reactions: dprogram

dprogram

Reaction score
I know I smoke less because I roll my own with the filter tubes and little cig maker slider deal.So you might be right in that aspect.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads