Brew It Yourself

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

Thats pretty much what I do, without the boiling part, and I use a 5 gallon sparklets water jug.
I made a new batch on thursday night. I can't wait to try this new flavor :)

JoshyWashy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Homemade Wine

i made sugar wine in my room when i was younger. didnt taste very good... i bet it would be better with the juice. and guys, whatever you do... dont try to distill it in your room with plastic tubing, a candle, and a glass. the glass will crack and dump alcohol on your carpet. the candle may also light it on fire and melt wax into the carpet. if you are as dumb as me, at least have a jug of water ready in case of an emergency. (got lucky there)

Brand0nRagged

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

sugar fermentation totally works. the best part is all the ingredients can be purchased with food stamps. and if you know how to use a still, you're even more set. last winter we stayed plenty drunk off our home made vodka. never got around to trying to make whiskey before the property owner came back and told us to leave, but yeah. i always ferment in 3 or 5 gal. buckets with what my dad calls a "poor man's bubbler", a tube coming out the top into a water bottle on the side. eh. if anyone needs specifics you can hit me up.

JoshyWashy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Homemade Wine

i came up with the idea on my own based on what i had and a basic knowledge of how distillation worked. i propped the glass full of sugar wine above the candle and fixed a funnel upside down to the top with tubing coming off of it and had the tube coiled up in ice packs and cold wet rags. worked pretty well till the glass broke and dumped alcohol all over the candle and floor.

Brand0nRagged

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

i came up with the idea on my own based on what i had and a basic knowledge of how distillation worked. i propped the glass full of sugar wine above the candle and fixed a funnel upside down to the top with tubing coming off of it and had the tube coiled up in ice packs and cold wet rags. worked pretty well till the glass broke and dumped alcohol all over the candle and floor.

yeah that sounds like fun, haha.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Homemade Wine

believe it or not i actually made homemade wine in my college biology class. tasted like prison wine and made my head spin reeeally fast. ... it was awesome haha.

Wild Ty Laserbeam

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

I've heard that freezing is the easiest way to distill if you have freezer access. Appearently because alcohol doesn't freeze it should just be sitting on top after you freeze your whatever.

I've also heard of people just straight up distilling cooking wine, which has salt in it, but you can buy it on food stamps. That sounds like a waste of time to me though if you can just make your own hooch to distill.

Anybody tried making wine in an old space bag to carry in thier pack as they go?

Cade

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

Anybody tried making wine in an old space bag to carry in thier pack as they go?

I don't know if that will work if you're using yeast to ferment the juices. You need the yeast to sit still in a dark place for a few weeks, but after thats done, you can carry it anyhow anywhere.

Tip: If you make sugar wine, combine the finished product with a packet of Kool-aid. It looks, tastes, and smells like Kool-aid, but can get you drunk.

GLASZ

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

if you're going to be traveling for a good couple months it's always nice to make a 20-30 gallon batch (pending on the climate) to be fully fermented upon you arrival. There' is some simple dandelion /sumac/ elderberry, recipes floating around the web that you can get alot, if not all the ingredients from food stamps or the forest. Can be drinkable by 3- 4 weeks or for the best taste 3 -6 months (to remove cloudiness)

trotsky

Reaction score
Homemade Wine

just started about a gallon of hard cider.
Bought super sugary IGA applejuice and put organic dry yeast in it.
hopefully it'll work. no potassium sorbate or sodium benzoate. just vitamin c which should be fine?

123homefree

Reaction score
Website
Www.YouTube.com
Homemade Wine

* * * * * * * * * * * * * Jail Juice (wine)
1) *Dampen a piece of bread, put it in a clean sock*
** * and tie off sock opening.*
2) *Fill trash bag with 1/3 parts warm water,*
** * 1/3 fresh or dried fruit and 1/3 parts sugar.*
** * Tie the bag closed and let ferment for 24 hours.
3) *Add sock to trashbag and tie off the bag loosely. *
** * Ferment an additional 48 hours or more, strain and*
** * serve.*

B

BrainDeadUnit

For those wondering what the original apple juice derived one tastes like...
Quite a bit like wine if it were made of apples instead of grapes.

Dmac

Reaction score
super easy, just take some fruit juice heat it up and stir in as much sugar as it will absorb, let it cool, add some yeast. in a couple of days you got home made hooch.
the higher the sugar content, the higher the proof. just strain it to get the sediment out and you are good to go. yeast comes in small packages so it is easy to pocket if ya do't have the cash. if you can't get the yeast, you can use bread, but it will take longer for it to ferment. whenever it stops making bubbles (froth on the top) it is time to strain and trink.

actually make it with yeast in a microbiology class in the old collage days.

streetlight

Reaction score
I found this recipe on THCfarmer. I definitely would love to try this..."Psycho cider"

" Psycho Cider (first made 1995)
10 litres pure apple juice (If you have a fruit press and access to bucket loads of apples this is best otherwise 100% PURE apple juice best from a health food shop ,but any 100% pure juice with NO ADDITIVES OR SUGARS ETC. will do)
15 litres water
6kgs sugar (4kgs sugar /2kgs glucose)
Wine yeast(strong white wine/Champagne) and Cider yeast (this is optional as this is more for flavour)

How to add the marijuana? I basically have just stuck the weed in a brewing bag (very similar to a bubble bag) and stuck it in a bucket of water and add ice and mash it around(Sound familiar?) With the solution you have left after you remove the brewing bag and contents you add this to the brew at secondry fermintation.NEVER just throw in weed ,this will encourage infections and effect the flavour very badly,usually its tastes like rotting vegitation ,also this lets the cannaboids seep into your brew and will make the effect of the brew very downer,stoney,red eyed ,only useful if you suffer from insomnia :)

First mix apple juice and 12ltrs water( add some boiled water to bring the temperature to about 20-24C) and add 4kgs of sugar and mix well
Place yeast in a pint glass with sugar and warm water.Leave for 10mins and check you can see froth forming.(this means the yeast has kicked in)
Add this frothing yeast to the bucket and mix well.
Leave for about 3/4 weeks or until frothing has died down.Keep in a covered fermanting bin DO NOT SEAL THE CONTAINER(The time really depends on the yeast you are using so check on the packet)
Now filter the solution into another bucket,the solution should not be sweet(do not be too fussy about the filtering) add the marijuana solution approx 3ltrs.(see process above) and add the last 2kgs sugar or if you want smaller finer bubbles add glucose( you may need to add a bit extra for glucose,if you have been really enthusiastic about filtering you may need to add more yeast as well,if the solution is still really sweet add less sugar)
Leave for about 2weeks and then filter into another bin and leave to settle for a week and then bottle.
If you want sparkling wine or cider it is best to add a 1/2 cup of glucose into another bin and filter the cycocyder into this bin and then bottle.You should have sparkling wine or cider within 2 weeks.
WARNING
MAKING SPARKLING WINES CAN LEAD TO EXPLODING BOTTLES .DO NOT SECURE THE CORKS ON BOTTLES WHILE FERMENTING IN BOTTLES.

This should produce a clear sweet cider.
Use less sugar if you want a dry cider -1kg sugar -1/2(Half)glucose
Also the sugar amount will vary to the yeasts you use ,the amounts I use are designed for MAXIMUM STRENGTH cider so you may find using less suits you better.
Also if you are using refined apple juice reverse the amounts of apple juice and water.Thus Apple 15ltr water 10ltr. The amount I quote is for thick pressed apple juice.
Hope you budding home brewers find this useful.. "

Ofcourse i would not do it exactly like that, just very stoked to try the Combination of THC to Cider :p

Nemo

Reaction score
How about brewing some Ayahuasca?!
Ayahuasca.com
I'm going to make some Kombucha! thanks for the post

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads