Brass Knuckle Gloves

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
Alright so I came across this

SAP Gloves Steel Shot

a few days ago and decided that a pair of these would be a good thing to take on the road considering how scrawny I am and how discreet these are. Thing is I don't like ordering things off the internet/don't have 20$ so I want to make my own. Basically I'm just wondering if any of you got any ideas on how to go about this. I got leather gloves and bb's already I just need to figure out out to combine the two

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
"...if legal in your area, for self defense.
Not available for sale to MA, CA or NY."

Unless you're a really good seamstress/tailor, probably can't make 'em as well.
Also, if you're scrawny, are you gonna be able to swing 'em hard?
And I bet they don't use lead BBs, probably shavings more fine and flat to the fingers. Imagine punching something with a bunch of BBs (even little ones) over all your fingers - ouch!

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
only pair of these I ever saw in person were filled with powdered lead. and a cop was wearing them.

looks like useless weight to me... get a good knife and learn to scrap.

better yet, don't put yourself in a situation where you have to fight. Learn to keep your distance from people you don't REALLY trust. all it takes is a misunderstanding and you can be stuck in the gut before you even know someone's mad. trust me, it happens. especially when there's alcohol/drugs involved.
just my opinion, but there ain't too damn much worth risking injury for. unless you're trying to take my shit, hurt me or someone else, we probably ain't gonna fight. facial bruises make everyone (cops, store owners) look at you twice, and not in a good way. will make hitching harder, and definately cuts your spanging.

and there's no way to imagine the pain, and pain in the ass, of travelling with a broken bone unless you've done it. every step carrying a pack hurts. and you're always carrying a pack.

Reactions: Erable

lowerarchy

Reaction score
I can imagine less useful weapons, I guess. At least they do something when you're not embroiled in a fight to the death, hey? What knife will help you keep dumpstering juice off your hands?

That being said, (and with the caveat that I'm no UFC fighter) it seems like an extra 8oz ain't much. Seems like you'd have to be able to land one pretty well already for it to make a difference.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
physics says they will add momentum to your punch,making it do more damage. however, i don't think attackers are going to wait for you to put on gloves.i also don't think they would be very comfy to wear 24/7. i would rather avoid a fight, but if not smileys,mace, and whatever is handy at the moment would be more affective.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
These could be effective if you've already got a good punch and want to add to it, but if you aren't a boxer-type fighter then I'd say don't bother. For one thing, you'd have to basically wear it all the time, and it'll make grabbing a good stick or knife harder, and it'll probably impede all other strikes which don't use your knuckles.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
my bro spanish made a pair by taking leather work gloves and using that spray-putty style stuff to coat the glove, embedded abunch of oldsaw blade teeth into the spray putty. he made them for digging holes actually but they were ridiculously perilous

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
my bro spanish made a pair by taking leather work gloves and using that spray-putty style stuff to coat the glove, embedded abunch of oldsaw blade teeth into the spray putty. he made them for digging holes actually but they were ridiculously perilous

Ha that sounds like something from Mad Max.

Either way I wear leather gloves most of the time anyways so it's not like I'd have to take time to whip 'em out when shit got heavy or anything. I don't see how it could hurt and I'm determined to make a pair. If I succeed I'll take a picture or something if not I'll go eat pizza

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score

Wait, digging holes with a shovel or with the gloves alone? I'm imagining the gloves being like a moles front paws.

chano

Reaction score
just carry a lighter in your pocket and if something is gonna happen you can grip it discreetly and hold it in your hand when you make a fist. this makes your fist harder and its also harder to break a finger that way

farmer john

Reaction score
just carry a lighter in your pocket and if something is gonna happen you can grip it discreetly and hold it in your hand when you make a fist. this makes your fist harder and its also harder to break a finger that way

idk about harder to break a finger in my experiance thats less than true

holding stuff in ones hand is for the most part bs ive been in countless fights and brawls and know what works and doesnt work

a flashlight or a roll of pennies as in the posts above me /\ /\ can help a bit they add weight which is magnified by the force of the punch and if gripped right can help A BIT your not gunna k.o. some1 in a punch or anything though

smileys knives or u locks are more practical and efefctive then any lighter is ever going to be though

and dare i say it :scared:... if ur expecting a fight carry a piece ... if u feel u are able willing and ready to use it

oldmanLee

Reaction score
REALLY WOULD NOT BUY/MAKE a set of these.Cops consider them to be in the same class as a blackjack,and if finding you with a pair will book you on deadly weapon charges.Also found out that they may "test"the damned things out on you,just for the "fun" of it.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
If you want knuckles, try one of those mini U-locks and make a holster for it. If you want to be fancy, I guess you can make a nice gripping area on it. It's really useful if you're a bike mechanic like me, since you'll be able to fix up a bike and ride it around if you're around a place a while, and U-locks aren't really considered weapons. I do like the larger U-locks, since it's like carrying around a hammer, but those things will weigh you down. Those U-locks are tougher than any locking device you can DIY without a fair amount of equipment.

urbanflow

Reaction score
rail road spike as a kubaton? i mean... they're fucking everywhere man.

• Useful
Reactions: Doc Road

Doc Road

Reaction score
Kubatons are so choice, got a cheap small one for six bucks. Im dreaming up a way too make,
sell/trade them out of spikes. Hang one on your belt and your good to go. Brass knuckles are cool if they wernt a way for pigs to slap a class A mistameaner just for haveing them. Got locked up myself in Texas. As for gloves, they are indispinsible for sneaking around or when you gatta boggie, over some wire.
rail road spike as a kubaton? i mean... they're fucking everywhere man.

Ilikepie

Reaction score
agreed. a lighter or small flashlight are things you might have on you that would strengthen up a fist

Could just buy one of those police/big flashlights that can be used as a weapon, doubt the cops could do much if they catch you with a flashlight. I remember seeing a biker gang on a show that carried flashlights on their belts for that purpose, and it was legal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads