Best place to live in the woods long-term?

Reaction score
No matter where you are, a fire is not something you can hide so easily, unless you're really careful about the smoke. I've heard of small caves which were made inside of crevices, designed to hide the smoke and light of the fire, so that food could be cooked, but it's not exactly an easy task. With summer ending and winter coming, I'd advise you work on your skills before you head out into the woods. The warm months should be when you're building up your larder... Either way, you also have to worry about ATVers as well as everyone else if you want to be hidden. I remember a news story about a father and daughter pair who lived in the woods in the pacific northwest for a while before some endurance runners stumbled upon their camp- maybe around there?

When it comes to stealthy fires, Have you looked into dakota fire holes? Hobo stoves would also be a good option.

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Normally id start atlooking at the wooded areas where two highways cross each other and the have on and off ramps. In smaller towns theres rarely any homebums or others in them and they are normally in areas with great places to.dumpster dive and play music.for.cash.

Reactions: Ray Ray

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads