Avoiding confrontation. Loose the crazy one. | Squat the Planet

Avoiding confrontation. Loose the crazy one.

celticpunk

Reaction score
So your on the street just sitting and chilling out on your own and you've got your pack with you. And then some dude rolls up and sits down and you get to talking. But after a while you start to feel bad vibes the guy is asking to many questions and starts talking shit you notice he's eyeing up your pack n gear and the tension is rising.
Normally in this situation I just say "hey I gotta go" and leave. Please share your exit lines and tactics that will hopefully avoid confrontation.

Countrytime Sky

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Depends brother if you can walk away that's good, and of course don't ever turn your back.
And if you said something of the lines like "eh brother or , hey mother fucker chill" and he continues to yell over your calm voice, then walk away avoid him or her and well if they put there paws on ya, well brother defend yourself lol. Best thing is to always be peaceful and kill them with love and a smile and fuck send them of with a nug and a hug.
Hope that works but I am sure you know how to handle yourself rider blessings sincerely countrytime sky

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
Man i hate it when this happens. Just trying to rest somewhere and some fuckin wingnut comes and blows up the spot. Honestly, my way to get rid of the, is to spange em. The more sudden and rude, the better in my experience. Like they're telling you some long ass nonsense story and you just cut them off and say " yeah that's cool man, hey you gotta dollar you can spare?" Works almost 100 percent of the time. Another more subtle way to let someone know is to take out your knife and maybe start slicing up an orange or apple. This lets them know you have protection, without causing too much of a scene.

Countrytime Sky

Banned
Reaction score
Man i hate it when this happens. Just trying to rest somewhere and some fuckin wingnut comes and blows up the spot. Honestly, my way to get rid of the, is to spange em. The more sudden and rude, the better in my experience. Like they're telling you some long ass nonsense story and you just cut them off and say " yeah that's cool man, hey you gotta dollar you can spare?" Works almost 100 percent of the time. Another more subtle way to let someone know is to take out your knife and maybe start slicing up an orange or apple. This lets them know you have protection, without causing too much of a scene.
Excellent brother I like this lol

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
I agree and disagree with the knife thing. I get showing that you have protection, however keep in mind that the fact that they are a nut job doesn't mean they are untrained.. I'm not telling you what to do, but please be extremely cautious with this kind of defense system. Show that knife to the wrong person and you are just giving them a knife and an idea.. A trained wrestler/ martial artist or prior or current military person could take a knife from most people fairly easily. Someone's appearance doesn't really give you any idea as to how good they are at taking knives from people and stuff.. Always walk or run away if at all possible and save weapons for an absolute last resort. Just food for thought. Sending you all good vibes and happy travels.

Countrytime Sky

Banned
Reaction score
I agree and disagree with the knife thing. I get showing that you have protection, however keep in mind that the fact that they are a nut job doesn't mean they are untrained.. I'm not telling you what to do, but please be extremely cautious with this kind of defense system. Show that knife to the wrong person and you are just giving them a knife and an idea.. A trained wrestler/ martial artist or prior or current military person could take a knife from most people fairly easily. Someone's appearance doesn't really give you any idea as to how good they are at taking knives from people and stuff.. Always walk or run away if at all possible and save weapons for an absolute last resort. Just food for thought. Sending you all good vibes and happy travels.
Absolutely blessings

Countrytime Sky

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard several self-defense experts say the same. Unless you're thoroughly trained, brandishing a knife only presents a trained or stronger attacker with a means to do you more damage than with their bare hands. If they want to do you damage, they'll just toss you aside and maybe strike you. If you have a knife, they up their game. Now they feel potentially threatened by the weapon and, at the least, feel compelled to disarm you. Once they have the weapon in their hands, chances are they're going to use it and it's going to be worse than if they just strong-arm you to rob you or do whatever they have in mind. A better strategy might be pepper spray. Spray and run before they can lunge at you. Tactical escape is not the same as cowardliness. Objectively access the threat and act accordingly. Don't try playing out an action scene of your favorite action hero. This is not to say it might be prudent to have a potentially weapon use knife stashed somewhere out of sight. And always tell law enforcement if they're fixing to pat you down if you're carrying a knife.
Yeah that's very true sounds like eskrema and cystema technique lol

ironman

Reaction score
I talk to everyone . its my downfall but i mostly can tell if someone shady and i have deep loud authority voice . it backs lot shady people down . i tell them to move along don't need company if someone give me bad vibes. Cause i don't like to give put my back to them . . had my share of fights in my travels. I hate violence but there are crazy bad people in this world
If you travel as long as ki have you get that sense about you of it doesn't feel right move along it better to give them the slip.

celticpunk

Reaction score
Depends brother if you can walk away that's good, and of course don't ever turn your back.
And if you said something of the lines like "eh brother or , hey mother fucker chill" and he continues to yell over your calm voice, then walk away avoid him or her and well if they put there paws on ya, well brother defend yourself lol. Best thing is to always be peaceful and kill them with love and a smile and fuck send them of with a nug and a hug.
Hope that works but I am sure you know how to handle yourself rider blessings sincerely countrytime sky

kill them off with a smile and a hug that's a decent way to defuse a situation. Safe travels bro thanks

Reactions: Countrytime Sky

celticpunk

Reaction score

Hey cheers man, I'm liking the spange em out idea I'm gonna definitely do that. I have pulled out a pocket knife once and started to clean some dirt out from my finger nails then I put the knife back in my pocket. It was just enough for him to see and he soon fucked off.

Reactions: ironman

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
It is always good to listen to your intuition. I am one that try to avoid trouble if at all possible.

It is not uncommon while I travel to have home bums invite me to there camps or people wanting to hop out with me while I am train hopping and I deny the request most times.

Situations like this will occur and the best recourse as you suggested is to be polite and respectful until the sitution calls for a different approach.

In that situation I would certainly tell the person that I had things I needed to do or a friend I needed to meet or anything to distance myself from that sitution.

Your intuition can be the difference between life and death sometimes and it is always good to listen to it even if it seems unwarranted. Good post! Safe travels friend.

Reactions: Nailz

celticpunk

Reaction score
It is always good to listen to your intuition. I am one that try to avoid trouble if at all possible.

It is not uncommon while I travel to have home bums invite me to there camps or people wanting to hop out with me while I am train hopping and I deny the request most times.

Situations like this will occur and the best recourse as you suggested is to be polite and respectful until the sitution calls for a different approach.

In that situation I would certainly tell the person that I had things I needed to do or a friend I needed to meet or anything to distance myself from that sitution.

Your intuition can be the difference between life and death sometimes and it is always good to listen to it even if it seems unwarranted. Good post! Safe travels friend.
Totally agree with your post, your intuition is definitely your best friend in most situations. Safe travels to you my friend.

benton

Reaction score
i don't hang out with strangers anymore. I leave right away unless I'm there for some specific purpose.

I'm not above simply stating that I would prefer to be alone.

I also pretty much never answer questions from people that I don't know.

Reactions: Turbo E

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads