Video ASMR

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
So this isn't really music but it is *sound* technically!
I suffer from multiple anxiety disorders and a couple other mental issues that make it very hard for my brain to turn off or for me to relax at all. I discovered ASMR(Autonomous sensory meridian response) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

This doesn't work for everyone and it is a little strange at first but I thought if it could help anyone else in the way it has me...it's worth mentioning. Certain sounds or visual stimuli trigger a relaxed feeling and a slight 'tingle' feeling...for me it's on the back of my neck and over my head. It helps me sleep, relax...zoneout.

here are some of my favourite videos..you need headphones to get the actual experience.

...yes I know it's weird. It may work for you though. =)

4t7

Reaction score
here are some of my favourite videos..you need headphones to get the actual experience.

...yes I know it's weird. It may work for you though. =)

It's even better in real life when something gives you the tingles, like I already said getting a haircut usually does it for me. Also sometimes when my dog is eating food from her dish it happens, lol. The weirdest shit seems to cause it. Rustling papers sometimes as well does it. [emoji13]

Reactions: MirandaLeigh

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
Yessssssss. I want my hair washed and cut by someone so bad. It's been years(since I got it cut) >__< I just got rid of my dreadlocks...I need my hair played with!!

Reactions: 4t7

4t7

Reaction score
[emoji14]

How long ago did you get rid of your dreads? I literally just cut my hair (dreads) like 2 weeks ago. Hadn't cut my hair for like 3 years before that.

4t7

Reaction score
It's been about 3 weeks or so for me. I loved them but got massive headaches so they had to go
I think it's been almost 3 weeks now...How weird would it be if we cut them the same day 0_n, lol

I have anxiety as well though, never really though about using ASMR to help with it. Maybe I should make a playlist and listen to it throughout the day..?

Reactions: MirandaLeigh
T

Toasty Tramp

Ever experience ASMR from Bob Ross? Talk about an eargasmic voice :D
And the sound of a fountain pen on parchment <3

Thanks for sharing this, btw! I had totally forgotten about using this kinda stuff to help slow down the mind and experience a little tranquility. Its definitely weird at first...but if it works, its probably cause you have the kinda mind that could certainly use it.

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
Bob Ross! the original ASMR guru! Love it, I have a really hard time falling asleep without it now, maybe I'm addicted >_> I'd love to see some favorite videos, maybe I can find a new video for tonight!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Smoke erb and paint Happy Little Trees.

\\
happy-little-trees_3.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads