Anywhere but here...

watergunknife

Reaction score
I go by Mikey.

I'm ready to leave this place before my wanderlust consumes me entirely. I've never been west of Ohio or north of Pennsylvania. I've actually never been farther south than South Carolina and that was just to see Myrtle Beach, which I sadly didn't have the chance to explore thoroughly.

I don't want to head anywhere in particular, I just want to get out and breathe different air, see things. It's like that Bright Eyes song, "So I'm up at dawn, putting on my shoes. I just wanna make a clean escape. I know I'm leaving, but I don't know where to."

And even though I have some years left in school, I don't want to do it. When I think of my future, I see nothing other than constantly moving, always changing places. I don't need a diploma to be happy.

Man, I suck at this kind of stuff...

But, eh, if anyone happens to be near Martinsburg, West Virginia anytime, let me know. Maybe we can join forces or something? I'm down for leaving this town as soon as possible.

maximussupertramp

Reaction score
im coming out of south Florida, leaving in a week or so, but im probably going up that way and then heading west. do you have fb? have you ever traveled before? im gonna be leaving Florida by myself so i wouldn't mind traveling at little out of my way to meet up, cause traveling by yourself gets kinda lonely

bryanpaul

Reaction score

watergunknife

Reaction score
bryanpaul- Thanks. I checked it out, and I can see issues. I just hope nothing really wrong goes down, as this would be my first time hitting the road.

maximussupertramp- I've never traveled before and I don't have facebook (I found out anyone can download anything and everything you have ever said/done on facebook and that's kind of creepy to me). Maybe we could work this out, like texting or something...? Shit, even email. And right here I'm just gonna say thank you because I thought I was just going to be hanging here with no comments for a while.

D

Deleted member 125

if you are underage you will have issues period. whether its something as simple as getting asked for ID while hitching (which is a given pretty much anywhere anytime unless youv been hitching between 2 towns long enough to acheive hitch hiking home bum status) or getting hassled flying a sign or for having one too many slammers and getting tacklehugpounded by a local bum. im sorry but anybody worth their weight in sand would not travel with a minor, its not only dangerous for you but it puts other people at jeopardy. contributing to the deliquency of a minor, aiding a runaway...stat rape? turn 18 and live a little more, there really is a difference between ages when its that young, not only when it comes to cops, but when it comes to what you want or are capable of. just my 2cents.

maximussupertramp

Reaction score
yea , i didnt think you where a minor (not that i care, i left home at 16, but i will say that shit will wreck your mom), but your not gonna get very far, cause just being a youth with a back pack is grounds to get ided by the pigs, and if your a runaway they'll send you back home. Being a runaway is usually instant grounds for a judge to grant extended custody to your parents and then you'll be stuck at home till your 21, so in my opinion its best to just wait till you turn 18 rather than 21

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
What you said about not having a destination in mind is a good way to go for a newbie (extra so if your gonna ride freight) cuz when your new to the road getting anywhere specific is pretty tuff. I spent my first year on the road tryin to get to Nola. Good luck though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads