2012??

P

Pheonix

I think if we have anything to worry about it's from universal energies beyond our control. Venus in transition, the sun changing phases and apparently the earth, sun and black hole at the center of our universe are coming into alignment (whatever that means)
You know how you talk about galaxies aligning, why cant this be the start of a new "cosmic year". Think of it like a calendar its the end of the month, but it doesn't mean their wont be another one in 11 months.
that's pretty much what it mean but the sun cycles last a lot longer then a month. Because this hasn't happened yet in recorded history the scientist don't know what's going to happen, Or the government is forcing them to keep us in the dark. Either way there's no point in worrying about something you can't do nothing about.

I know this thread is 2 years old, but now's the year to place your bets on what's going to happen. My bet is the same as Oppenheimer, I think New Mexico is going to get blown off the face of the earth.

I almost forgot, another possibility that they talk about is planet X colliding into the earth. I'm hoping for it to hit the moon instead at least some of us will have a chance to survive that.

Dmac

Reaction score
as said before it is just an end of a cycle "a time of great change". it also coincides the the solar maximum (most active time for solar flares) a massive solar flare can fuck up electronics , they act like a huge EMP wave (electro magnetic pulse, given off in nuclear bomb blasts) fries electronics. i personally hope we get hit with one, it would fry most things with circuit boards. computers, new cars power plants and water treatment plants. mad max time!

P

Pheonix

as said before it is just an end of a cycle "a time of great change". it also coincides the the solar maximum (most active time for solar flares) a massive solar flare can fuck up electronics , they act like a huge EMP wave (electro magnetic pulse, given off in nuclear bomb blasts) fries electronics. i personally hope we get hit with one, it would fry most things with circuit boards. computers, new cars power plants and water treatment plants. mad max time!

That won't happen cause all important computers are protected by a Faraday cage. They knew how to protect themselves from an EMP when an EMP was still theoretical.

Ekstasis

Reaction score
I read a blurb somewhere that the Mayan calendar and our calendars are different, there was no leap year so the cycle was supposed to have ended a few months ago. Anyone know what I am referring to? I know nearly nothing of Mayan culture.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Doomsday rhetoric is easily the most lucrative market in all of human existance.
I wonder how many books this particular one has sold?

....Jesus is Coming, will you spit or swallow?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads