Seattle girl, restless. | Squat the Planet

Seattle girl, restless.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
themossikeepinmypockets.tumblr.com
My birth name is Bethany, which means 'the house of poverty', which I used to hate as a child but I kind of dig it now. Currently, I reside in an average two-story house in a small town called Brier, where nothing happens and there's nothing to do. It's about 20 minutes away from Seattle, but I sometimes it's hard to have time to myself since I have a brother to care after every day.

I live at home with my mom, her fiance, and my younger brother. Five cats and a new puppy. The cats and the dog I don't mind so much, but, especially lately, I've been itchin' to get out of here. Saving up some money to continue my life the way I want. Once I turn eighteen, I'm moving out to live in a crappy trailer in some hidden place in Seattle with this one guy I plan on marrying. His introduction is way better. He does a better job at explaining it.

hi from a seattle suburbs kid - Squat the Planet Forums
That's his introduction.

I'm straight-edge. Vegan. Pacifist. If you're more outgoing than I am, I can be pretty awkward and quiet. I like and play music a lot. Mostly guitar but I also play a little ukulele. Tring to pick up the accordian and harmonica. I don't really listen to anything heavy. There's some hardcore stuff I like but mainly I like folky weird stuff.

So I'm going to try and rephrase my "plan" and stuff. I'm in a weird mood and I woke up like, an hour ago at 1:30 pm and, man, I just want some oatmeal.

I'm seventeen until the end of July. I'm living at home and going to an alternative high school. I'm a junior. I'm trying to get my GED this winter but my mom wont sign my papers until spring. I hate school and I feel like I'm wasting time going. I want to do other things. I want to help with FNB and do important things. I want to travel and leave this house where things are always so chaotic and unhappy. My parents don't approve of my lifestyle, as many of you can probably relate to. Lately they've been pretty mean about it. Really condescending, and they ridicule me a lot, and are rude and immature. It's just making me want to get out even more.

This guy I plan on marrying, he's pretty great. We don't plan on getting legally married, just because to us, it's not something that the government has to approve.. whether we're legally married or not, that's not going to affect the way we feel about each other. So, that's going to happen this summer. We plan on having some DIY solar panels to accomodate the ones we already have, for our trailer.

I'm into redistribution, green anarchy, non-violence, community and friendship, being kind to people and staying calm, anti-war, animal and human rights. Bicycling. I love nature and I can't wait to get out of this house so I can treat it the way I want. My family has two cars and loves to take showers and pretty much typical normal people things but I don't like stuff like that. It has such a negative impact. Man, society..

Anyway, I'm into freeganism. I dive when I can. The QFC by my house is probably the best dumpster I've come across for food. Better than in Seattle. I find a ton of like, pastries and soups and even soymilk, and veg sandwiches, and chips, and organic peanut butter, bread, etc. So, if anyone's in the Brier/Mountlake Terrace/Lynnwood area, check out the QFC dumpster on Ceder Way/44th Ave. Most days you can find something pretty good, just watch out for trash days (I think those are on Mondays?)

I like sewing and making stuff. Going to fun shows and hanging out with the few close friends I have. Being goofy. I draw a lot, paint a little. Don't like modern technology too much. Hate the ipods and all the crap like that. Computers suck too but they can actually be useful. I don't like money and I feel stupid for saying that I'm saving up but I'm not like, working a job.. I'm doing other things to try to save up. Also, now would be a good time to kind of throw this out there... I have a tumblr account for things I'm making. Patches, pouches, various small vintage things, and pretty much anything else I'm trying to sell. So check it out if you want. I've been kind of slow on getting things up for sale but soon I should have more stuff up there.

http://thisgirlcouldusealittlesting.tumblr.com/

Just trying to keep my chin up while living in this negative environment they expect me to call "home".

2010's gonna be a big year for me.

SL388378photo.jpg

Also, I really like cats.

Reactions: todd

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
WapatoGreyer, don't be deterred, you can grow some balls; Widerstand just did it, so it's not too late for you! (ooh, ah, zing!)

So what's behind your username?...(There is a thread on "nicknames and how you got them", if you wanna put an answer there.)

wartomods

Reaction score
Welcome, your cute.
Watch out.

Edit: When i read you were moving out with some guy and marry him, it sound a bit imprudent , now that i realised who he is, i just say nice couple.

Best luck.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Welcome, your cute.
Watch out.

Wartomods, you don't know what you're talking about. Watch out for what? Vague messages from the interweb?

Anyway, welcome Bethany to this site. I would not advertise the fact that you are pacifist out in the street, since it sends out the wrong message, which is that you don't know how to fight. I'd say that I don't like fighting instead. But anyway, try not to be too quiet, being awkward and loud tends to help you out more than being awkward and quiet. Other than that, it seems like you're doing well with your cat scarf and all.

wartomods

Reaction score
sorry finn i am creepy and random sometimes. I dont know ,watch out is a pretty vague and undifined statement but so are the dangers she may face down the road, just saying.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
WapatoGreyer, don't be deterred, you can grow some balls; Widerstand just did it, so it's not too late for you! (ooh, ah, zing!)

So what's behind your username?...(There is a thread on "nicknames and how you got them", if you wanna put an answer there.)
It's not that cool of a story, really. A wapato is a type of native American potato (and I guess a town or something somewhere in WA?) I met a friend who had given my phone number out to a bunch of friends, and they didn't know my name so they just started calling me Wapato, because that's what they put into their phonebooks... Kind of lame, really. But I like it, because when I looked it up I found this: "Wapato loves shallow ponds, swamps, slow moving streams, and the margins of quiet lakes," and especially after learning it was a native american potato, it just kind of stuck. The Greyer part is considerably lamer. I was trying to do one of those things where you take a phrase, and make it mirrored so that the letters are the same backwards as they are forwards. I couldn't think of anything and the only thing I got was "Wapato Greyer Got A Paw" which really doesn't make too much sense, but a couple of my friends would refer to me as Wapato Greyer since then, and that's how it stuck.

So, certainly not as cool and adventurous as I would like my nickname story to be, but, it is what it is, haha.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
Wartomods, you don't know what you're talking about. Watch out for what? Vague messages from the interweb?

Anyway, welcome Bethany to this site. I would not advertise the fact that you are pacifist out in the street, since it sends out the wrong message, which is that you don't know how to fight. I'd say that I don't like fighting instead. But anyway, try not to be too quiet, being awkward and loud tends to help you out more than being awkward and quiet. Other than that, it seems like you're doing well with your cat scarf and all.
I actually know a few things on fighting.. I just don't like it at all. But I see what you mean. Thanks for looking out for me.

Haha also, I'm getting better at not being so shy.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
Welcome, your cute.
Watch out.

Edit: When i read you were moving out with some guy and marry him, it sound a bit imprudent , now that i realised who he is, i just say nice couple.

Best luck.
Haha yeah. Him and I have a lot figured out and have a lot of reasons to believe we'll be pretty ready for that stuff when it comes. Haha it's not just some wild, illogical, unplanned and unthought-out deal. We're really committed. Haha but I can definitely see why you'd automatically think that, because I'd probably feel the same way if I read something like that.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
Haha yeah. Him and I have a lot figured out and have a lot of reasons to believe we'll be pretty ready for that stuff when it comes. Haha it's not just some wild, illogical, unplanned and unthought-out deal. We're really committed. Haha but I can definitely see why you'd automatically think that, because I'd probably feel the same way if I read something like that.
Also, thank you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads