new from northern virginia/ dc area

faa

Reaction score
hey I'm Faa from texas and currently in india but soon to be back in the DMV metro area indefinitely. I've always felt a little out of place and after reading a couple of Daniel Quinn books and learning a lot about sustainable agriculture I'm pretty committed to exiting the society I grew up in, in favor of something more habitable for creativity and community. I figure I'd rather do anything that join the workforce and be tied down, and I get the feeling that many of you share that with me. I see this as a sort of American tribal culture and I'm excited to become part of it.

was wondering if there are any known squats around my area where I could meet someone who might be willing to show me the ropes with freight hopping, help me not get myself killed or someone fucked over, that kinda thing. if anyone has some advice for a new girl on the block feel free. thanks in advance :)

p.s. being a fairly small, young female, I have some extra worries about how and how often I'm gonna have to defend myself. any train hoppin ladies out there that are down to talk girl to girl please message me ::shy::

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P have fun and please be safe.

japanarchist

Reaction score
Hey welcome! Would one of those Daniel Quinn books happen to be Ishmael? If you're going back to TX then I recommend going to Austin, you can definitely find travelers and whatnot there. If you do go try to check out Monkey Wrench Books, it's a really cool info shop, I met some great people there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what is the DMV metro area?

travelingjoe

Reaction score
My advice is find a trusted soul. A lot of bad out there. Gotta be able to take care of yourself. Or someone to watch your back and you watch theirs... I'm planning on heading west Soon. But I'm in same boat looking to find someone to learn train hopping and some new street rules. But seems to be a lot of good people on. Check the threads. Tells states that cops Don't like hitchin. So I'm still learning.. Wish you the best. Stay safe

faa

Reaction score
Hey welcome! Would one of those Daniel Quinn books happen to be Ishmael? If you're going back to TX then I recommend going to Austin, you can definitely find travelers and whatnot there. If you do go try to check out Monkey Wrench Books, it's a really cool info shop, I met some great people there.
hey thanks! and yes!! i loved it and then went on to read the other two of the series because it was so good. and I was thinking about austin for sure if I go back to TX anytime soon, such a cool city. thanks for the suggestion on monkey wrench!

faa

Reaction score
My advice is find a trusted soul. A lot of bad out there. Gotta be able to take care of yourself. Or someone to watch your back and you watch theirs... I'm planning on heading west Soon. But I'm in same boat looking to find someone to learn train hopping and some new street rules. But seems to be a lot of good people on. Check the threads. Tells states that cops Don't like hitchin. So I'm still learning.. Wish you the best. Stay safe
thanks man, I'm glad things like stp exist to help get in touch with trustworthy people. good luck to you too!

Reactions: travelingjoe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads