Hey Everyone :)

AJ910

Reaction score
I am 19 years old, all I want to do is travel and I am done fighting it. I live in Northern Utah with my ex-boyfriend right now, but am planning on leaving either today or tomorrow and heading north towards maybe Oregon or Washington in my car. I haven't picked a destination yet. I love to read, listen to music and hike. I studied two years of political science in University before I dropped out last winter. Hoping to get some advice on travelling on no to little money and possibly hook up with some people to share driving and adventures with.

matt owen

Reaction score
I Just Left Out Of Utah My friend Im from salt lake I traveled to the east coast now Im on my way to oregon I am currently working on getting out Duluth minnesota We are headed to kalispell, montana me and my buddy are fanatics about the mountains and cant wait to get to montana spend a couple of days there and head towards oregon, Join us?

D

Deleted member 125

you want advice on how to drive around in a car with no money? ive replied to a few of posts like this in the past few days, and frankly it gets old. use the search bar, its far more helpfull then making a post like this asking for advice, theres TONS OF FUCKING ADVICE on this website. if you can sign up, then you are smart enough to use the bar and figure something out.

sell the car and get a bus ticket. youll have more then enough money to get from UT to OR or WA.

theres literally dozens of threads on money making techniques, good cities to make money busking or for temp work.

Eli Whitney

Reaction score
If it gets old to you cantcureherpes then dont fucking reply to it no one is makeing you type igorant shit whereas you ARE makeing me type ignorant shit...ive gotten across the country with no $ in a bus a big one that ate alot of gas not as stupid a idea as you thinnk you just have to be smarter than the metal gas tank sorry if im being an asshole dude im sorry

Reactions: freeranger
D

Deleted member 125

well Eli Whitney, it gets old because the search bar exists for just that reason, so people dont have to answer the same questions over and over again. and nobody is making you type "ignorant shit" you chose to reply to this thread and unlike me, you have given absolutly no input at all to the original poster, youv just accused me of being ignorant. if you re-read my reply youll see i said nothing mean to the original poster, i simply told them that there was much more information on this subject if they would just use the simple search bar. now again if youd read my reply youll see that after i make the suggestion of using a search bar before posting the same thread that has been beaten to death, i also give some advice on making money, because unless you want to siphon gas yer whole trip, you will need to be putting gas into yer vehicle. dont be sorry for trying to be a asshole, im not offended, im just sorry that unlike you im not smarter then a metal gas tank.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I agree with everyone here in one regard or another, but please, let's try and not let this get out of control :)

Alex the Weaver

Reaction score
Website
apoclove.wordpress.com
There are sometimes Travlers Aid groups that give out cupons for gas money. I found one in Flagstaff on a list of resources for folks in need. California, Arizona and I'm not sure how many more states have 211 where you can call and ask about food, housing, help with Travel expenses, etc. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads