Favorite quotes? | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

Favorite quotes?

crux

Reaction score
"...later humanity itself was found to be nothing more than a collection of atoms,a "blob of tissue," full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

trenwren

Reaction score
"If we wait until we are unafraid to speak, we will be speaking from our graves." -Audre Lorde

Reactions: crux

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
Charles Bukowski

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Post some of your favorite insightful or brutally honest quotes.... ill go first...

"And thus I clothe my naked villany
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
"In evil roads behind gas tanks where murderous dogs snarl from behind wire fences cruisers suddenly
leap out like getaway cars but from a crime more secret, more baneful than words can tell. The woods
are full of wardens." - Lonesome Traveler, The Vanishing American Hobo by Jack Kerouac

"I guess heaven takes care of fools and scoundrels." - Uncle Charlie

"Good appearance is a letter of introduction." - Brazilian saying

"I rather would entreat thy company
To see the wonders of the world abroad
Than, living dully sluggardised at home,
Wear out thy youth with shapeless idleness."
- Two Gentlemen of Verona, William Shakespeare

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible." Bertrand Russell

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." William Blake

"Always question authority, and demand the truth" Bill Hicks

"Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in the prisons and lost on the gallows than have ever been enshrined in palaces" Propagandhi

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!" -[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.496094)]—Jack Kerouac[/COLOR]

Reactions: outskirts

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
" There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly
along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything."
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
"There is no such thing as a neutral educational process. Education either functions as an instrument which is used to facilitate the integration of the younger generation into the logic of the present system and bring about conformity to it, or it becomes the practice of freedom — the means by which men and women deal critically and creatively with their reality and discover how to participate in the transformation of their world."

-Paulo Freire

P

Pheonix

"No political truth is certainly of greater intrinsic value, or is stamped with the authority of more enlightened patrons of liberty, then that... the accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary,in the same hands... may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny" James Madison, The Federalist No. 47

also like my signature

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
"In an honest Service, there is thin Commons, low Wages, and hard Labour; in this, Plenty and Satiety, Pleasure and Ease, Liberty and Power; and who would not ballance Creditor on this Side, when all the Hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sower Look or two at choaking. No, a merry Life and a short one shall be my Motto"
-Pirate Captain Bartholomew Roberts.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads