Video DIY USB Charger

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
but they're meant to run off 12-15v...how is a 9v batt supplying enough voltage? second just soldering a small solar panel to the 12v car charger will acheive the same thing...if the panel doesnt already have a converter with it.

Garminbozia

Reaction score
but they're meant to run off 12-15v...how is a 9v batt supplying enough voltage? second just soldering a small solar panel to the 12v car charger will acheive the same thing...if the panel doesnt already have a converter with it.
That is a good question about how a 9v battery can do the job, maybe a car charger concerts the voltage or the amperage is the same??? I'll have to Google that...And if this does work then it'll be more dependable than a solar charger. Cheaper too.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
right but the car charger is designed to output 5v converted from 12v. If it's only being fed 9v it would have to pull excessive amps from the battery running it dead quicker. I bet a pack of 8 AAA (which is 12v) would do a much better job and you can get the pack holders from salvage or radio shack (and online im sure).

then if you get re-chargables you can hook a small 12v panel right to them or charge the pack directly off a cig lighter port.

• Useful
Reactions: Garminbozia

Garminbozia

Reaction score
right but the car charger is designed to output 5v converted from 12v. If it's only being fed 9v it would have to pull excessive amps from the battery running it dead quicker. I bet a pack of 8 AAA (which is 12v) would do a much better job and you can get the pack holders from salvage or radio shack (and online im sure).

then if you get re-chargables you can hook a small 12v panel right to them or charge the pack directly off a cig lighter port.
Lol you can recharge your recharger. Niiice

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads