Best jeans?

Cole99v

Reaction score
I actually just bought Carhartt's too, Spent fifty bucks on them... They will rpobably never tear, but I hate the baggyness, personally I dont liked getting caught and snagged on shit, especially when climbing or hopping on a train.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
I actually just bought Carhartt's too, Spent fifty bucks on them... They will rpobably never tear, but I hate the baggyness, personally I dont liked getting caught and snagged on shit, especially when climbing or hopping on a train.
dont know if you know this or not but, try not to ever wash 'em in a washing machine..(not that thats usually an issue)..theyll start to fall apart right away....just hand wash em if you need to

flashinglights

Reaction score
ups pants, carhart, or billabong are all durable. I've sported the same ups pants on and off for about 15 years now. impossible to wear out and dirt colored to start with.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Cole99v: What are we gonna do about the baggyness? If I was just using them for a job, they'd be fine. But I'm planning to use them for all-purpose to to dayness, so I've only wore them once. I can still return them if I decide to, but not sure what my other options are around here. Actually, I'm moving back to the big city, so I may have to go "shopping" to find something I feel better about dropping 60 bones one. Overall, 60 bones is not that much to drop on a quality pair of pants that will do me well at home, at school, traveling, working, whatever. Just want to get that fit. :(

blackswan

Reaction score
Baggy Dickie's here; never been caught or snagged on anything, labelfags, :)
but I like wearing pantyhose, preferably with my balls hanging out of them.

W

wehavethemap

i like to just get one pair of bibs or jeans and have the same ones forever... go to the saddleshops ask for scrap leather.. you might want a leather punch too..you can make them last forever.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
has anybody tried these arborwears????

Original Tree Climbers' Pant || Arborwear

they look interesting and the same price as carhartts

I got a pair of these to my houses a few weeks ago. Watch out on the shipping, cause they don't know exact shipping until they ship it, and it costed about $25 from wherever they originate to the middle of Canada. But, compared to my Carhartts, I feel this are a touch slimmer and just as comfortable, not to mention the massive gusset is ultra badass. I HATE PATCHING UP CROTCHES, cause you either got to do several patches or you'll have a really freaky fitting crotch. The pant legs can split about 160 degrees (that's 20 degrees less than doing the splits) before there's any pressure on the crotch. That's work-pant flexibility at it's finest. So probably a little better for cycling too. Plus for winter cycling, these are baggy enough for throwin' on some thermal underwear.

So I've spent enough on pants lately, but these and my Carhartts are the first pants that are even made for proper patching. There's only so many times I can patch up thin hand me down standard jean crap before I begin to realize that the patches, being stronger than the material I patch them onto, only cause further ripping around the patches.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
tractor supply has these Schmidt Workwear lined insulated pants that are awesome...the jeans are flannel lined and the pants are fleece lined...i have a pair of each...theyre like 30 bux but worth it if you want to spend some money on a GOOD pair of cold-weather pants...cant really find them online (?)...not on the Tractor Supply website .but they have them in the stores......good shit

Reactions: Psi em

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Walmart sucks. But they have dickies that are basically the same thing as carhartts. I have a pair of both and you cant tell them apart. Except for the tag.

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
I have a pair of Cargo9s that a friend gave me. He used to work in a metal shop that built skate ramps so they're pretty beat up, but they're still in good shape. They've got flannel sewn into the insides so they're warm and comfy ist krieg.

acer910

Reaction score
to everyone bitchin about baggyness: learn how to bring in a pair of pants.
flip em inside out, do the same to a pair of pants with perfect tightness, lay em over, line up the outseams, trace the inseam onto the big pants, sew it up.

and machine washing isnt really what fucks pants up, its machine drying. although i try to hand wash them if i have to wash them.
go behind the local bike shop and dumpster some mountain bike or cruiser innertubes, cut em so they are rectangles, sew these on to patch your pants. the skin below that patch will give before it rubs through. a bitch to sew if you overlap them, and they get hot as fuck sitting out in the sun, and it sounds like your farting if you sit on anything plastic, but definitley worth it in my opinion.

my pants: bear river from Roses, carhart knockoffs. same material, double kneed, all that good stuff. but for like 8 bucks. only catch is there will be 20 pairs on the rack and not a single one will be the same shade as the one beside it, and they all fit a little different.

suprhromnn

Reaction score
has anybody tried these arborwears????

Original Tree Climbers' Pant || Arborwear

they look interesting and the same price as carhartts
I didn't actually own a pair but we sold them at the outdoor sporting goods store I worked at in high school.

I would guess that they hold up better than any pair of carharts or similar that I've ever had. They are incredibly hardy feeling pants and the gusseted crotch is wonderful on them. I actually just ordered a pair, I had long forgotten about them. Thanks!

Dishka8643

Reaction score
I just picked up some carhartt double front logger jeans. 20oz cotton denim. comfortable, windproof, good abrasion protection. Very happy with them

....as far as washing clothes......I wash my carhartt insulated jacket and bibs about every 6 months.... machine washing and drying doesn't do much damage if you only do it occasionally. Leaving clothes filthy does just about as much damage to the fabric. Salt from sweat will disolve cotton. dirt and grease will keep clothing from isulating and breathing properly. Clean clothes are important in cold weather. as far as carhartts go...wash them cold, with mild detergent, don't go overboard with the detergent, and dry slowly on low heat and you should be fine.

BNSFer

Reaction score
you could always just rack some jeans rather than pay. especially if youre going to gap and other places that arent too shy about fucking over people in other countries for shitty wages and bum paychecks. aluminum foil lined paper bag in a shopping bag works like a charm. if your smart you can get 2 pairs and hock the other on ebay.

BNSFer

Reaction score
you could always just rack some jeans rather than pay. especially if youre going to gap and other places that arent too shy about fucking over people in other countries for shitty wages and bum paychecks. aluminum foil lined paper bag in a shopping bag works like a charm. if your smart you can get 2 pairs and hock the other on ebay.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads