2011 National Rainbow Gathering - Washington! | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

2011 National Rainbow Gathering - Washington!

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
please note the above post...take direction given to spring council..do not attempt to take other forest roads due to closures!!!.....

Some say while in Washington you can experience all four seasons in one day..so please come prepared for that!! here is a small list of suggestions of must not forgets for this years gathering in Washington national forest(where about unknown still)

1) at least to pairs of clothing..so one can dry and you still have clothes to put on
2) a thin under layer like thermals...layers are key up here in the woods
3)a tarp (st least big enough to cover you while sleeping)
4)bliss wear(or a mess kit/eating utensils)
5)rope
6)sunscreen
7)bug spray(mosquitoes are bad this time of year)
8)tobacco(cause its supper expensive here)
9)good boots or watr proof shoes ( we could see muddy conditions/wet conditions)
10)a good sleeping bag and a tent for god sakes!!!

come prepared for all and everything

should have site directions soon!!!!

dont forget SOCKS! lots and lots of SOCKS!!!!!!!!

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey all,
For more even more up to date info please check out the Washington Rainbow Gathering page on blogspot - details above.

Yes it's been announced that there is snow and to expect snow on the ground at seed camp.

Peace

K

katbastard

2011 annual gathering of the tribes site direction and info as of june 16th

by Pippie Hfm on Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:02am

from Woodland Washington on the I-5 take exit 21
follow tell it turns to rd.90
continue on rd.90 when it come to the intersection of hwy 25 and rd.90 stay to the right and continue on 90
turn right right on Curly Creek rd.
which turns into forest rd. 51
turn left on meadow creek rd.
at the intersection of forest rd. 30 and 32 look for rock carens and welcome home

alternate direction
from hwy 14 in Carson Washington go north on Wind River rd.
this turns into Meadow Creek rd.
follow meadow creek rd. to the intersection of forest rd. 30 and 32

gates are to be opened soon..snow plows need to get in to clear some snow..so please be patient..try to hang out for a few more days, cause you might get there and not be able to park yet..walk in is estimated to be about 3 miles from one source..but iam not 100% sure on the parking yet..Cougar Washington is closest town...be respectful to the locals..pick up garbage and no spanging please!!!! come prepared for cold wet weather...your coming to the great north west and this summer there is still snow!! local authorities are being very cooperative this year..but please make sure your vehicle is good running condition and you give no reason to get messed with!!leash your dogs...and please walk lightly on the land...your walking into the most well know big foot habitat..Skookum Meadows...have fun and see you there!!!

pippie

Reaction score
from Woodland Washington on the I-5 take exit 21
take 503 east follow tell it turns to rd.90
continue on rd.90 when it come to the intersection of hwy 25 and rd.90 stay to the right and continue on 90
turn right onto forest rd 5110 follow 5110 tell it turns to curly creek rd
which turns into forest rd. 51
turn left on meadow creek rd.
at the intersection of forest rd. 30 and 32 look for rock carens and welcome home

more alternate directions

AlyKat

Reaction score
I'll be there! I was gutted to miss it last year but SO glad to be able to make it this time. Probably hitching my way up from SF / East Bay- I will see you lovelies there :)

Lee8

Reaction score
Hey I am leaving florida june 27th and arriving in San Francisco the 30th by bus, can anyone help me catch a ride or catch a few rides up to nationals in washington? Is anyone looking for someone to travel with from CA to WA? please? I have never seen snow or a national I am stoked. let me know whats up thanks

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey folks !
The word is SNOW on the ground !
And bring WARM clothes -extra sleeping stuff to keep cold.
Hear people are falling in to snow drifts and having to be rescued.
SO please be PREPARED !
I plan to be there next week instead of this week and will
fly a sign re STP meet up & Digi Hitch meet up at the gathering.

See yall there

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
I am a week late hedaing out and plant to leave northern Californa next thursday/friday-
plan to get to Rainbow land by the weekend of the first.

I will fly a sign/put up a notice at 'info' re STP meet up !

See ya all there

0ddity

Reaction score
Well after spending sometime in HAVRE, Montana jail, I should be at the Gathering in a few days time. Hopefully see some of you fine folk out there.

Reactions: thisisme

oxyhemoglobin

Reaction score
Hello all, I am trying to arrange transport for myself and two other individuals from NYC to the gathering. If there's anybody else leaving from this area (or PA, NH, NJ, etc..) who can offer us a ride it would be much appreciated. Or if anyone can suggest a route to get there via freights (in a PM of course) that would be awesome. We had been planning on leaving Wednesday, as we had a ride lined up, but it fell through so now we're looking for alternatives. I also posted on Couchsurfing and Craigslist. Thanks STP!

S

Summer Fields

I'm in the Forest now, the forecast for July 1st-7th is looking mostly sunny, minimal cloud cover, highs; 71-77, lows; 50-56, though it may still be raining on the 30th. The snow is out of the meadow, just some left in the woods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-mofF3fCU <<This video is a news report of the Gathering, shows the area and seed campers, it looks pretty good. :]
I've never known bugs to be too bad in this area, lived here my whole life, but this spring has certainly been wet.
Safe Travels everyone!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads