WWOOFin'/Farm Work with a dawg?

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Hey y'allz ~

Has anyone ever WWOOFed on farms with their dog? I have a 9 month old lab/pit puppy, who is essentially my world, and i really don't want to leave her with my parents for the summer (it would break her little cotton pickin' heart), but I also want to get back 'out into the world' and do some volunteer (or paid!) farming this summer. She is in the process of becoming very well trained and responsive to all my commands, and she loves the outdoors just as much as me. :) I can imagine that this could be a bit of a logistical nightmare, especially depending on what type of farming situation it is, but! I'm sure there are some people on this board who have done this type of thing; if anyone can refer me to specific farms/projects that would allow my beloved to accompany me, it would be much appreciated! :) K, thanx, and have a lovely day!

meathook

Reaction score
i haven't wwoofed since i got my dog, but plenty of people brought their dogs to the farms with them when i was. i would assume it's just up to each individual farm and that you could just ask them when you first make contact, to avoid wasting each other's time. :)

Reactions: BurnReno

BurnReno

Reaction score
~~~I agree with Ms. Meathook./// On the farm I am on they dont allow you to have pets, but I have been on some other farms where as long as your dog isn't a pain in the ass they are pretty down...Send out some emails to the farms you are looking at, cause each farm will have a different opinion...

~Cheers

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads