traveling with a bird?

wildwerden

Reaction score
i'm talking 'getting a volkswagen that runs on water and driving around the country a bunch of times and doing whatever the fuck happens' kind of traveling. i'd have the bird in a harness and on a leash at all times. she'd sleep tucked in my neck. when it's too cold, she'd be folded in my jacket. for cold weather there would be awesome sweaters involved. food is pretty easy for them, bread crumbs, wild bird seed that spilled at walmart, and fresh greens (grass). they drink maybe a thumble-full of water. hell you could make a bag harness thing so she'd carry her own food and water. am i just really baked right now or does this actually seem reasonably awesome so far?
i'd be a younger bird so she'd learn and be trained fast. thinking maybe a cockatiel or parrotlet. something on the small side for sure. parkeets/budgies have always been terribly nasty to me. finches are way too skittish unless that rare case when they are extremely young.

i'm just really stoned, right?

Chewbacka

Reaction score
It could work, parrots are very smart and friendly birds. It would be a hard thing to do but can be done. If you could, maybe get a small cage you could strap to the top of your pack while the bird isn't in it. Try to find a handfed bird as those will be the best. I've always wanted to have an awesome traveling pet. I'd love to get a monkey, I think that would be awesome!

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
birds fly south,in the winter!

wildwerden

Reaction score
i already have a pair of rats and they love to scratch the fuck out of my neck + make me itchy and red (allergic) plus they just had babies. (anybody want a rat?)
the hand fed babes are the best, it's just a matter of finding one that isn't over a hundred bucks. a monkey would be badass!
i'm too sober and i'm still going to give it a try cause it honestly doesnt seem like a half bad idea..... :D
i remember at rainbow in tn this year, there was a woman walking around with a cockatiel in a harness on her shoulder and and she was going around with a thimble of water asking if anyone wanted a drink.

Reactions: ByronMc

scatwomb

Reaction score
First I was like: "Stupid fucking pothead."

Then, I was like: "Fucking awesome fucking pothead!"

Now, I am like: "Fuck yes stupid fucking pothead!"

Reactions: jaws

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
You lost me on a volkswagen that runs on water... Honestly you seem to be racking up a whole lot of responsibilities in the form of animals. I suppose you could extend that to plants by having a small garden while you're at it, but I'd think your dogs and yourself should be enough.

Ekstasis

Reaction score
What kind of quality of life do you think a bird is going to have? It doesn't sound great to me. Winter is soon. Your food plan sounds like a bad diet for a bird. Also, are you going to keep it in your sweater all winter, when does it get to live and be awake? What about the oops factor when you lean against something and squish it?

My gram had a bird that regularly cuddled under her lap blanket and one day squish.... Dead bird... The bird didn't even make a peep when it was being suffocated.

You could put it in a hoodie hood to avoid squish, but it couldn't really share body heat. Birds get sick easily from temperature changes. At least that's what books said 10 years ago, when I raised a batch of love birds.

So, you are going to be on the road with your old dog (?), a puppy, 2 rats plus their babies, and a bird?

If I have confused your menagerie with someone else, I apologize.

I haven't bitched at anyone on stp, but this is too much stupid for me to set aside.

Reactions: travelin

wildwerden

Reaction score
i'm not going to have the the rats with me since i'm allergic to them. i have taken the 'squish' and weather factor in consideration. i'm just brainstorming here, seeing if it may be a good idea or not. which is why i brought it up here (surely someone else must have thought of this too - and would be wondering as well) in terms of the volkswagen, the bird would have the space / heat she would need to be a cool bird. i don't know i'm still brainstorming it and seeing if it would be possible / reasonable. the boy has one 3 yr old dog and i have one 7 yr old dog.
funny how someone mentioned the bad diet for a bird when any dog / cat who eats the regular kibble dog food crap is also on a bad diet, and alot of people don't know how bad it is for their dogs. birds usually need a variety of seed + fresh greens + water + that's about it, depending on the bird.

http://www.squidoo.com/run_car_with_water water can be your fuel if you do the correct conversions + i've been looking into that. which is what i'm talking about in terms of the water-run volkswagen.....

Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Does everyone know Wild is deaf,which does not have anything to with how smart a person is,but she is handicapped. And if she wants to think about some ideas,and ask us, about what we think,then let's think a little past our own noses,maybe even try to step into her shoes !

D

Deleted member 125

being deaf has nothing to do with how smart (or stupid for that matter) i think somebodies ideas are. and i dont know what being deaf has to do with driving a car that runs on water.

K

kokomojoe

3ofnpa.jpg

For real though, it'd be cool if the ideas you had could be executed perfectly, I just think it'd be extremely difficult but do whatever the fuck your heart desires and don't let me shit on your parade.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As I said,deaf has nothing to do with how smart,but do know that when a person does have a handicap,they may NOT,think in a manner that we may. See,as I said,put yourself in Wild's shoes,if you can,think how you may think,which,is the only thing she hears !

K

Kim Chee

Does everyone know Wild is deaf,which does not have anything to with how smart a person is,but she is handicapped. And if she wants to think about some ideas,and ask us, about what we think,then let's think a little past our own noses,maybe even try to step into her shoes !
I am aware of her handicap. Treating her as different is lame. She'll surely think it is humorous that another person is coming to her defense. I can't come close to stepping in her shoes. I know what it is like to put in earplugs, but I do not know what it is like to be deaf from birth.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads