Trains Planes and Mobile Homes

Trenton

Reaction score
Hello everybody, you can call me Jack. I'm a 21 year old male and I've been traveling on and off for the past 3 years. I used to live near Toronto in Canada and I spent a little time in Windsor, right on the border with the US. My girlfriend was living in Arizona with her mother at the time so I headed there when they offered to let me live with them. We moved a few weeks after when her mother (a teacher) lost her job and decided to move home to Montana. we lived with a few friends, sleeping on their couch for a few weeks until we got tired of it and went to Montana to live with my girlfriend's mother. We lived there for a while and to pay my share I babysat for my girlfriend's sister until we moved again back to Arizona when her mother got a job offer from a school there and that's where I am now. Living in Arizona and cleaning the house instead of paying bills. And that is my life for the last few years, before that I wasn't doing much, after graduating high school (barely) I was homeless for a bit (not my family's fault, they were going through a tough time with money and I left to ease things) and after a while got some work in cold storage and then I started moving around a lot after I quit.

Now that I've got a little of my history out of the way. I am a bit of nerd, I love science and history, to the dismay of my argumentative girlfriend and her mother, who both seem to think they're right about everything even in the face of overwhelming evidence. I'm French, Polish, Italian and Mohawk Indian on my father's side and I am an okay freegan cook when I can get my hands on some half decent ingredients. I love to freight hop and explore abandoned buildings. I don't really have any skills to speak of other than my okay cooking. I don't play any music and I can't do art well, but I would love to learn to play guitar. When I was a kid my parents thought it would be a good idea to have me learn to defend myself so I spent 2 years learning Judo, then 3 learning Karate, and I spent two years in high school learning Russian Systema and knife-fighting.

I had more I was going to say, but seeing as this post is already a two paragraph long wall of text I'm going to end it here and not spoil any more of my stories, if you want to know more, just ask, but you'll have to tell me a story back.

DesertRat

Reaction score
Welcome! You say you're a good cook, but are not an artist.

That, Sir, is a contradiction in terms, as a well-prepared dish is art in itself.

I hear ya on being stalled. That's about where I'm at. Hopefully you'll satisfy your Wanderlust soon, as that fire can ruin lives if ignored.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Reactions: Trenton and domo

Trenton

Reaction score
Why not put your best foot forward and start moving again.
I think well all can help each other out somehow brother
I fully intend on doing that as soon as I'm able to. But for the moment I'm pretty much stalled until I can get rolling again, hopefully in the next few months.
Welcome! You say you're a good cook, but are not an artist.

That, Sir, is a contradiction in terms, as a well-prepared dish is art in itself.

I hear ya on being stalled. That's about where I'm at. Hopefully you'll satisfy your Wanderlust soon, as that fire can ruin lives if ignored.

Hope to see you on the trail.
I'm not good, but I'm good enough. I can throw together a decent meal in a pinch.

I'll hopefully see you both on the road some day.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads