Photos Tattoo

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
I've been working out of a tattoo shop out in Los Angeles. I do permanent makeup but I help out extra and the shop and the owner has been hooking it up on my sleeve...

Attachments

• tumblr_mo3jche3Ul1rgs0tbo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mo3jche3Ul1rgs0tbo1_1280.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 400

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Nice colors.

cxR - when I see "tattoo" on here, I get my girlfriend ready (she's an artist) to laugh at someone's poor attempt at stick n pokes.

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
The artist is Jeff Barnett at Lovesick Tattoo in hermosa beach.
The crazy part was this was originally all black and grey and SUPER messed up. YOu couldnt really tell what was going on (drug trade off when i was 17-you get what you pay for) and he has repaired it beyond belief.

LOL no stick and poke hahahaha.

Thank you gents :)

D

Deleted member 125

i was going to ask if it was a cover up but didnt want to sound rude. but yea it deffinetly looks like he layered that color in there to cover up whatever mess you had before. most sleeves i see being done where i work these days that arnt cover ups (with the exception of japanese traditional) have much more visable skin, which im actually not a fan of. i wish i knew as much about tattoos as i did when i started getting them, not that i have alot of horrible tattoos, but im always going to look like a living sticker book. i suffer from bad tattoo placement decisions.

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I made a long ass post..and i hit post reply and it VANISHED ::insert dinosaur screeching here::

It. SERIOUSLY. JUST. VANISHED.

I'm a sad panda now.

ALRIGHTY let me see if I can sum that shit up

I wouldnt have found that rude at all LOL then again I'm not exactly the easiest person to offend LOL. but in general that is jeff's style: heavy/solid colors. That's why I was so stoked when he offered me the gig helping out for tattoo work b/c I was already a fan. He really has done amazing things with my arm though-I wish I had a before picture I could show you guys. Check out his work: lovesickbodyart.com You can see what i mean by he does solid work. He did my ex girlfriends sleeve and I loved that you couldnt see any of her skin at all <3
I can't stand when people have random shit on their arm filled in with a ton of stars and then they call it a sleeve. NOT to sound like a tattoo snob, i'm not, but that does bug me. Just like the term "tats"...just makes me cringe. OMG I do sound like a pretentious asshole :( lol

HILARIOUS-you painted a perfect picture with the "living sticker book". I feel that way about my other tattoos. I'll leave it up to the boys (my bestie and jeff) to figure out how to incorporate the old tattoos with the new work to make it all comprehensive and shit. I, too, am guilty of poor tattoo placement decisions. YOung and dumb and I really just didn't plan it out in my youth. JUnkie kid-I really wasn't expecting to live to the age of 25 so when I actually hit the age of 25 I thought..fuck I guess I'll be around awhile, mine as well start figuring shit out (like tattoos hahah and my future and what not)

Do you do tattoos?

D

Deleted member 125

the arms with stars and dots that are done in mostly sticker page fashion are traditional american. im not a big fan of traditional american style at all (eagles, black panthers, heart with mom in it, over done whip shading all that jazz) i like more black and soft grey wash pretty much i like my tattoos to look like a darkthrone album cover haha, ive never been a big fan of wearing color but do have some pretty solid color stuff thats hard to be bummed about, but honestly i got my first color tattoo working at a different shop then im at now and was a bit lit when i agreed to it...so i wake up the next morning and my long anticipated dungeons and dragons tattoo that i was super stoked on being black and grey ended up having color, and ive been a bit more open to it since then.

no i dont tattoo, im a shop person in a tattoo shop in richmond, virginia.

dandy

Reaction score
another human sticker book checking in lol, i think a lot of us tend to do that, dont really regret em tho, even though i dont have too many.

real cool ink though vdem, i like how bold and colourful it is.

by the way, what is permanent make up exactly? is it like tatted on eyeliner, eyeshadow type stuff?

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
another human sticker book checking in lol, i think a lot of us tend to do that, dont really regret em tho, even though i dont have too many.

real cool ink though vdem, i like how bold and colourful it is.

by the way, what is permanent make up exactly? is it like tatted on eyeliner, eyeshadow type stuff?

Thank you ^.^

Yes- I do liner (top and bottom), lips, brows, camouflaging, tattoo removal using a tattoo machine, areola repigmentation, etc. I actually did my own face... The lips I removed though bc they were too dark . I'm posting before and after. Without a hat is before and after is with the hat. (Doing this from a Mac so... Wish me luck lol I'm a pc person) I can't turn those bitches right side up haha sorry =X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 329

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
Haha man I failed at uploading those images hshaha
the arms with stars and dots that are done in mostly sticker page fashion are traditional american. im not a big fan of traditional american style at all (eagles, black panthers, heart with mom in it, over done whip shading all that jazz) i like more black and soft grey wash pretty much i like my tattoos to look like a darkthrone album cover haha, ive never been a big fan of wearing color but do have some pretty solid color stuff thats hard to be bummed about, but honestly i got my first color tattoo working at a different shop then im at now and was a bit lit when i agreed to it...so i wake up the next morning and my long anticipated dungeons and dragons tattoo that i was super stoked on being black and grey ended up having color, and ive been a bit more open to it since then.

no i dont tattoo, im a shop person in a tattoo shop in richmond, virginia.

Omg you have a d&d tattoo?? Haha that's classic. I use to smoke large quantities of weed and play the fuck out of that shit haha.

Honestly I only had black and grey tattoos originally but you can cover shit work with color so I ended up getting color and it makes me look all high definition and shit. I love it now ^.^

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
I don't want to make it seem like I hate anyone or their tattoos - tattoos should be personal above all else, who cares what others think? - but I really...strongly...(personally)...dislike traditional tattoos. I see them on hipsters and bros all over the place out here in SoCal and I just think tattooing is a legitimate art form and should be taken to new levels.

Maybe tattooing needs more art school types in it. I think the watercolor style tattoos are really emotive, and I'm a huge fan of the trash polka scene. And whatever this guy does is excellent.

cXr - i have zero tattoos but my girlfriend is an artist and I like discussing them

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
I don't want to make it seem like I hate anyone or their tattoos - tattoos should be personal above all else, who cares what others think? - but I really...strongly...(personally)...dislike traditional tattoos. I see them on hipsters and bros all over the place out here in SoCal and I just think tattooing is a legitimate art form and should be taken to new levels.

Maybe tattooing needs more art school types in it. I think the watercolor style tattoos are really emotive, and I'm a huge fan of the trash polka scene. And whatever this guy does is excellent.

cXr - i have zero tattoos but my girlfriend is an artist and I like discussing them

I'm completely on board with you as far as american traditional goes. I REALLY dislike them immensely. I mean if you like it, get it, just not my cup of tea. I feel that tattoo work has come SO far with SO many possibilities, why back track.

The only newer BS that I don't agree with is the tattoos without linework. The outline really locks in the shape, in a few year when peoples no-line tattoos look like unrecognizable blobs, there are going to be some really bummed kids out there. A LOT being as the no-line tattoos are becoming EVER so popular.

HA. where in so cal are you? Just curious ^.^

::cringes at the idea of bros::

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
From what I've heard/read, if you take care of your tattoos, they won't fade into blobs quite as fast as people think.

Cxr - I'm under the Orange Curtain

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
From what I've heard/read, if you take care of your tattoos, they won't fade into blobs quite as fast as people think.

Cxr - I'm under the Orange Curtain

If you dont have an outline they will look like shit within about 2 years, give or take depending out how long they spend in the sun-shit like that. But tattoos without outlines arent for the long run. They look absolutely fantastic when they are fresh though. Seriously beautiful, shame it doesn't last.

OOH rad you are pretty damn local. I tend to roam about South Bay and limited areas in OC (santa ana, costa mesa, anaheim, etc). I don't care much for OC. My ideal locations are LB and VB.

D

Deleted member 125

Omg hahaha!!!! That is fucking awesome. Well I see how you play your characters haha. Do you still play? Do many people know what that tattoo is for? I never meet others that play. So awesome lol

i havnt played in a few years only because i dont have anybody to play with, before i moved here i played pretty regularly with a group of people for over 4 years. besides the guy who did it who also plays i dont remember anybody noticing it and knowing it was a dnd tattoo.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads