Sup ya'll?

Eager

Reaction score
23 year old, travelin faggot here. Grew up down south in Memphis, and over the past 6 years I've travelled and lived in various big cities around the south, northeast, and midwest. Settled down in Chicago last year, until I got an RV and an urge to travel again. Been RVin since then.

Lookin for some pen/email pals, and some new friendz.

And meeting some new Memphis folks would be nice, too. I've been thinking of returning there one of these days.

Eager

Reaction score
Thanks.

Its nice. Before I actually tried it out, I thought it was gonna be real expensive, but besides paying $300 for 6 months of full coverage insurance, there really aren't any expenses. I usually just jug for gas, and empty my septic tank out for free at gas stations that have their bathrooms outside the building or at portopottys. Refill my water tank with garden hoses in the suburbs when folks are at work. Park on neighborhood streets in the city or at Walmarts when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Eat off food stamps and Taco Bell scams and the occasional soup kitchen. Got a deep cell battery that could last me 3 days or more that is recharged by the RV moving, so electricity isn't a problem. Also have a gas generator I haven't had to use yet, and a plug I can plug into any outdoor outlet if I want. Use free wi-fi from cafes, McDonalds, and unsuspecting families. I wanna get more folks turned onto the idea of RVing. Before RVing, I had been involved in a couple of squats that got raided/went to shit; and I feel like RVing is sort of a nice alternative to that.

Alaska

Reaction score
What that beautiful lady said^

Rubber-tramping is seriously the best form of traveling when it comes down to it. I've done it a bit, always a great time. Good luck, sir.

Reactions: ayyyjayyy
K

Kim Chee

I don't like cats nearly as much as I like puuuuussy. I guess we're all caught up on sexual orientation now. I never rubber tramped, but I did catch a glimpse of a shitload of RVs the other day parked at the beach on PCH. I'm sure most are the well-off and the geriatric crowd with a few rubber tramps thrown in for good measure. Welcome aboard.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Hi new here as well and I tramp in a B. How do you get food stamps and how do you dump in bathrooms/porta potties? My dump system is gravity fed so I can't do that unless I use some sort of tote or something.

Damn I should learn to scam, that would cut down on the costs big time!

Eager

Reaction score
Hi new here as well and I tramp in a B. How do you get food stamps and how do you dump in bathrooms/porta potties? My dump system is gravity fed so I can't do that unless I use some sort of tote or something.

Damn I should learn to scam, that would cut down on the costs big time!

Food stamps are easy. Go to the social services office of any rural area or suburb or small sized city, and say that you're homeless and make up some sob story about being down on your luck with nowhere to stay. Bring your ID and (in some states) your social security card. When the social worker asks you if you have any income or property, tell them "no". If you want you can tell them the only piece of property you have is your car which youre living out of. If they ask for your address, tell them youre homeless (unless you have a friends address you can have your stuff sent to), and depending on local policies theyll send your food stamp card to the office or the city/town's main post office in 2-6 days or in some places (like Minneapolis/St. Paul, for example) they make the card for you right there. You should get approved for the maximum amount, which is $206/month. If you're a lady who can say you're pregnant or if you have disabilities; you can also qualify at the same time for EBT Cash, which is basically a government credit card you can spend on whatever. Also, if you have a partner you're not legally married to; it makes sense to each file as individuals because you can get double the food stamps.

Mine is gravity fed too. It takes a while; but by lifting it in the air and putting it back on the ground to refill, you can eventually dump everything. (Think of it essentially as pumping out your sewage).

Eager

Reaction score
One more note: Do NOT apply for food stamps in really large cities like Chicago/New York/LA if avoidable; it can take a really long time in those places to get approved because of backlog.

roadohio

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. ive been around for a few years but seldom post, pretty cool community here and I'm sure you'll meet some good people.

Also: There isn't anything to do in ohio.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads