Seattle, WA

christianarchy

Reaction score
PM me when your here or close with your phone # if you want, I can help you out with food, maybe a place to stay (see the waystation post), advice on how to get around, out, you know.
love
christopher

Magma

Reaction score
Im in Seattle for the time being as well but looking to head out on the road again. PM me if anyone wants to go south this October.

X

XMNnmx

I thought this would be worth posting here.

Later this year, hopefully this Summer, I will be relocating to Seattle, with stops in SF and Portland in between. I plan on driving, and couch-surfing/staying at hostels during my stops and until I can gain some permanent residence in Seattle.

If all goes well, it won't be a very underground operation. But I am semi-prepared to abandon the comforts of civilization and such if something goes wrong.

If I decide that the situation at home is too fucked up for me to wait and get my driver's license and a car, I might just hitchhike my way up north. And if finding work in Seattle or surrounding areas doesn't work, or if my contact(s) in the area aren't as helpful as I think they'd be, I may resort to squatting, and/or going back on the road again. Maybe up to Canada, maybe east, I dunno.

Just thought I'd share.

I'm doing this because I'm not particularly happy with the way my life is going, here in this suburb of Los Angeles. And, I have never (aside from when I was like 9, but it's irrelevant, as I remember nothing of it) been outside of the L.A. area -- and I've been to very few places on my own. I want to leave, and re-invent myself.

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

There are too hostels on the way to Seattle from L.A. (sacramento and portland totally have them). It's summer, you'll be fine sleeping outside.

Dirtbaguette

Reaction score
Okay don't laugh but I've never been north of Portland & never gone through SLC/Boise route. Gonna be driving & living in my truck so I'm looking for places to car camp free not a long drive off the interstate. Also gonna need a shower once I get to Seattle before I meet up with my housed up friend. Been told of a hostel & of course truckstops have showers but looking for firsthand advice on a good place. Fuck paying $10 for a truckstop shower or begging for shower tickets. Also any help on plasma centers & such where I can make some quick cash. I'm kinda cute & keep getting weirdo creepers fuck with me when I'm gas jugging/flying....

Mongo

Reaction score
wasn't sure where to put this it's a post from @LeftCoast on face book. I thought it was important to get out here.

There has now been three reports of attempted luring/kidnapping In Georgetown. Two men in a white mid 2000s escalade approach young women and offer to help them (typically approaching young women flying signs or walking to and from the metro bus stops) along East marginal Way and 1st avenue south in the North Tukwila and South Seattle Neighborhood of Georgetown. From what has been forwarded to me they offer a small some of petty change or offer rides when girls are waiting at the stop. After the driver gives money to the beggar or bus patron, the passenger comes out and tries to coax the targets into their vehicle attempting physical force. BE CAREFUL. Please share this with your friends and family who pass through Georgetown and Tukwila.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Moved to news and articles.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it's pretty crappy during the winter, especially if you're homeless. dunno why you'd want to go there.

Cirno9

Reaction score
Well I have been homeless in seattle heck still am and yes it is wet and cold, make sure to bundle up if you come here or sleep in a shelter!!! I could show you around if I am here but to be honest I would just wait until feburary when it starts to warm up a little bit. The shelters here are not so bad but can be p stinky if you wanted to come, I dont know any squats around here. At least you wont go hungry.

virginia slim

Reaction score
hey thanks cirno9 probally be headed that way around the first of September just going to come up check out the space needle and kurt cobains home place them im going to catch out again to where ever ill keep in touch when im headed that way if that's cool

Cirno9

Reaction score
Oh ok I thought you were talking about heading up here in the actual winter like december/janurary. It is actually pretty warm here still, there will be no problems if you have to sleep it outside at all :). I will be around for the first week of september after that I will likely be busy and getting ready to head out myself! If you wanted to drop me a line when you got here that would be cool, I am actually always somewhere near the space needle (seattle is very small) kurts house I think is in aberdeen which is a bit out there.

virginia slim

Reaction score
Oh ok I thought you were talking about heading up here in the actual winter like december/janurary. It is actually pretty warm here still, there will be no problems if you have to sleep it outside at all :). I will be around for the first week of september after that I will likely be busy and getting ready to head out myself! If you wanted to drop me a line when you got here that would be cool, I am actually always somewhere near the space needle (seattle is very small) kurts house I think is in aberdeen which is a bit out there.
ah cool Ill deff hit you up when I get there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads