Portugal?

lungfish

hey y'all!
i'm headed to Portugal in a few days and I can't seem to find any info about radical spaces/squats/anarchist hoopla in the country at all. does anyone have any info? I'm looking for a place to stay in Lisbon and beyond but also into hearing about rad spots to check out. thaaanks!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
ya'll should meet up!

i dunno if you can find a copy, but have you tried the slingshot organizer? it usually has a list of resources like that in foreign countries. not sure if there's any in portugal, but it might be worth checking out. also, i think @rusty is in spain, maybe she knows something about portugal?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I lived in portugal for the last 2 years (2012-13). There is a lot of alternative land projects all over, but looking for squats/punk scene, unfortunately is a lot of junkies and not much happening in the cities. Hit me up if you are still down there and need any contacts/pointers.
Sta. Clara in alentejo is pretty surrounded by freaks. Punks on the north side of the lake and hippies in the south, pretty good place to start.
I also made a land project down there, there should be a thread somewhere around (I think it says "waystation in the algarve", but too lazy to search/link it). Lots of pics. If you are interested in visiting, I cna try to contact the folks there-

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads