my dog is being a jerk

Vermin Stipe

Reaction score

That link was so gut wrenching but eye opening, everyone who has a pet should read this. It is so important to spay and neuter dogs and cats as long as we live in a capitalistic society where people carry over their throw-away-society mindset and materialistic notions to apply to a living creature, devaluing them and treating them as disposable like the mountains of plastic waste that they create. Current culture also contributes to people's ignorance about how to train and handle dogs in general which contributes to the number of dogs given up for practically no reason by previous owners. For example, the puppy that was euthanized in the story was probably fully trainable, the family obviously either didn't care enough or was unaware that puppies instinctively jump on people when excited and didn't know he could be trained not to. Even I used to be one of the people who didn't realize how important it was to fix animals. I was harboring unrealistic idealistic notions about having puppies that came from my dog someday, also peer pressure and straight ignorance lead me to think that I shouldn't do it. After realizing the plight of so many terrified abandoned animals though and all of the other reasons for why it is better for the dog, I finally came around. Even then though, my pup was already 10 months old and I could have curbed his problems more if i would have realized sooner in his life. Thanks for posting this for others to read, this makes me even more grateful that I was able to have my puppy neutered at a low cost clinic.

Reactions: Isaiah54

Shakou

Reaction score
That link was so gut wrenching but eye opening, everyone who has a pet should read this. It is so important to spay and neuter dogs and cats as long as we live in a capitalistic society where people carry over their throw-away-society mindset and materialistic notions to apply to a living creature, devaluing them and treating them as disposable like the mountains of plastic waste that they create. Current culture also contributes to people's ignorance about how to train and handle dogs in general which contributes to the number of dogs given up for practically no reason by previous owners. For example, the puppy that was euthanized in the story was probably fully trainable, the family obviously either didn't care enough or was unaware that puppies instinctively jump on people when excited and didn't know he could be trained not to. Even I used to be one of the people who didn't realize how important it was to fix animals. I was harboring unrealistic idealistic notions about having puppies that came from my dog someday, also peer pressure and straight ignorance lead me to think that I shouldn't do it. After realizing the plight of so many terrified abandoned animals though and all of the other reasons for why it is better for the dog, I finally came around. Even then though, my pup was already 10 months old and I could have curbed his problems more if i would have realized sooner in his life. Thanks for posting this for others to read, this makes me even more grateful that I was able to have my puppy neutered at a low cost clinic.

Shakou

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm typing from my iPod and it's messing up my posts x_x Vermin Stripe, I'm glad it hit home for you.

I just hope others read it and cone to understand what happens to dogs and cats who are left with no hope. Please remember this, and think about the decisions you make before you take a life into your hands.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score

The irony of someone on here wanting to breed a dog blows my mind....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads