Just wondering,

fr33rang3r

Reaction score
re: basemain

ya that was what she determined in the article. you just can't 'learn' it, you have to be raised on it. and she describes the several forms of the basemain used depending on the situation and the individuals involved. its really a lovely article if you can ignore her speaking as if everyone could live in France or meet the people she's met or w/e.

as for manners, sheesh, i had a strict southern mother. she first started holding me responsible for the kind of things you describe when i turned 11. i remember my first 'lesson' to this day, we were going to the mall, i bustled in through the front door with her following ... or so i thought. i got halfway in and realized she wasn't behind me and was nowhere to be found ... except outside the front door waiting on me to come back and hold it for her.

maybe my mom was related to your grandmother :D

fr33rang3r

Reaction score
I think this is probably the wrong crowd to find a real gent... It's hard to be proper and dirty at the same time. Along with even gents arn't gonna be their normal self if their around company that doesn't allow them to be. I mean sure open the door for your lady, if you have the priv. of eating at a table stand up when a lady gets up from the table, dont let her carry things that you can do for her.... however dont let her use you as slave labor either, if she's rude to you dont just act like everything is fine if its not. I will use the word Bitch but give me one woman on here that isn't a bitch atleast part of the time that is a true traveler? I doubt you will find many real ladies.. the road toughens you up its just kinda part of it. Like wise for guys your gonna be hard pressed to find a real gent in normal society non the less on the road. (I'm not talking about a good guy they are rare but you can find them... but a true gentlemen... not going to happen.)

i think you're right in general. i'm not a real traveler just grew up and spent most of my life dirt poor. clean and well fed wasn't always an option.

i spose its why i see something like acting gentlemanly or w/e to be a luxury that can be savored. its not something you get every day, but its sure feels good when you do.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
yeah its not about being wealthy we lived in a hovel but we kept it clean, you had one nice suit to go to church in. you talked the worst english in the world. but when grandma stopped the car first thing "how ya gonna act?" "properly grandma" if a female is antagonistic theres usually a reason they want some romance and want to feel special. going to a park in the rain with a big umbrella and some candles for a smoke or drink can do that. it doesnt have to be an expensive date they just dont like to see a good full moon go to waste. you have to pay attention to that nice days etc. if theyre really really cranky i look for acne its a sign aunt flo came to visit. and i treat it with peroxide and cotton they like being cared for. they wont tell you whats wrong yes they expect you to be a mind reader. remember birthdays dont watch tv and do nothing on nice days and nights. make bad a days special. it really not hard. and even if you are punks if youre at some artsy fartsy gallery party she doesnt want you saying fuck every 5 minutes like youre at home. now.... how ya gonna act?

Reactions: trash diver

trash diver

Reaction score
yeah its not about being wealthy we lived in a hovel but we kept it clean, you had one nice suit to go to church in. you talked the worst english in the world. but when grandma stopped the car first thing "how ya gonna act?" "properly grandma" if a female is antagonistic theres usually a reason they want some romance and want to feel special. going to a park in the rain with a big umbrella and some candles for a smoke or drink can do that. it doesnt have to be an expensive date they just dont like to see a good full moon go to waste. you have to pay attention to that nice days etc. if theyre really really cranky i look for acne its a sign aunt flo came to visit. and i treat it with peroxide and cotton they like being cared for. they wont tell you whats wrong yes they expect you to be a mind reader. remember birthdays dont watch tv and do nothing on nice days and nights. make bad a days special. it really not hard. and even if you are punks if youre at some artsy fartsy gallery party she doesnt want you saying fuck every 5 minutes like youre at home. now.... how ya gonna act?
you should write a book my friend.:)

E

Earth

My heart
has been broken 3x,
and that's 3x too many...

Now I am the loner.
You have made me this way.........................

No more being nice,
because in the end
I'm always the one
left out
in the
cold.............

jjoshea

Reaction score
usually when im on the road i just want to get where im going.plus im real old school,all you young women i always treat with respect,like a daughter or a younger sister.which you all are.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads