How many of you actually travel with SMART phones?

Everymanalion

I know a lot of the life on the road is about rejecting some of the luxuries that "normal" domesticated people have and I know 80 percent of you have cell phones but I am curious how many of you have actual smart phones and use them? I know I carry a super old Android phone from like 2010 with Wifi on it for when I am around free wifi(Which is everywhere now) I can check maps, weather, sunset/sunrise, couchsurfing, craigslist rideshares and STP. Smart phones are extremely useful when on the road, do you use one?

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
I've got a Samsung smart phone. I was pretty late on the uptake amongst my friends and to be honest I really didn't want to change from having some piece of shit phone I didn't need to worry about if I lost it and nobody would want to steal it. However, now I have this phone I can really see the benefit. So easy to find info when you're out and about and it's more easily transported than a laptop. The only thing that pisses me off is the battery barely lasts me a day if I'm on the internet a lot.

Everymanalion

I've got a Samsung smart phone. I was pretty late on the uptake amongst my friends and to be honest I really didn't want to change from having some piece of shit phone I didn't need to worry about if I lost it and nobody would want to steal it. However, now I have this phone I can really see the benefit. So easy to find info when you're out and about and it's more easily transported than a laptop. The only thing that pisses me off is the battery barely lasts me a day if I'm on the internet a lot.

Thats what Starbucks/Mcdonalds/Libraries and Truckstops are for;)

E

earthowl

i shamefully have a wal*mart phone, but it gets 1000 minutes n txt and internet on it, and i have never used it up in a month. even though its still a shitty little flip phone, its real smart seeming to me and i use it on the road all the time!

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
iPhone + ballistic hardcore case = pretty damn indestructible smartphone that I can (and have) drop, drop kick, throw, smash, bash, etc... and never a scratch.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
there's really just too many advantages to having one, especially if you don't need or want to carry around a laptop. i'm using google earth to find a decent spot to set up my tent in the mountains of palm desert tonight :p

K

kokomojoe

I have a Tmobile pay as you go smatphone from walmart, I hate walmart but it's pretty cheap and i get maps/wifi and all that fun stuff, it's also nice to have some music on there too

Synth

Yeah I have smartphone. I like having so much info available. I'll watch videos when I get bored too

crow jane

FUX YEAH DAWG, I TRAVEL WITH LIKE FIVE OF THEM SHITS YO

5594598856_18fd60a130_z.jpg

GIVING HELL OF NO FUCKS

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads