how do i keep stitches from ripping?

Werrwoulf

Reaction score
how the fuck do i keep stitches on my pants from ripping out? everytime i hop on a train the stitches on my pants bust out and im god damn near half naked. help?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
5605214.jpg
?

Reactions: ayyyjayyy

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its a sure sign that you need to quit wearing pants. I guarantee it will solve your problems.
Fuck, it was a joke, sorry.
Is there a certain point that they tear at? could try reinforcing that stitch with some dental floss. (for example, the crotch rips, because there is a 2 way seam, just re-sew the seams for a few cm with dental floss, on top of the original.)
I dunno honestly, never had this problem.
Maybe you need to lose weight?

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Also, if you go completely naked, you will never worry about being half naked, cause clothes arent gonna just fall onto you.

Reactions: dharma bum

dartagnan

Reaction score
it takes a little extra time but is the only way to sew. fold the edges of the patches under about half an inch or so and sew through the fold. if youre doing that and they are still just ripping the original pants, sometimes they are just so rotten and weak that you have to patch that bit with a patch going to another patch. "my patches have patches..." hope that helped

Reactions: bicycle

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
When you sew patches, knot the floss every dozen stitches or so . That way, if you rip your stitching, you only have to resew a dozen stitches instead of the whole length of the piece of floss you used.

lungfish

Reaction score
Website
www.spider-sprout.tumblr.com
I'd say dental floss, but you can also find some pretty strong industrial thread that'll do the trick, at least for a little while. and folding the edges of your patches or whatever it is you're mending under at least once, more if you can afford it. Go over your seams more than once if you have the patience, especially if it's in an area with a lot of stress, like knees and shoulders/armpits. Also, as a precaution with patches - try and use strong fabric for them to begin with, like denim or canvas. Seems like a no-brainer but sometimes ya forget and such.
I don't know what stitch you're using but a whip stitch is generally more rugged and heavy duty than a simple "over under" running stitch. Look it up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads