Help Planning Rubbertramping Route from AZ to Vancouver

abolishrent

Reaction score
I'm planning to travel from AZ to Van to get to a couch to sleep on :D. So planning to drive up the westside of the US. I've done this before but it was a bit more rushed and I wasn't as broke and resourceless. I will be car camping the whole way, but also have a tent for dispersed campsites. The car is not 4 wheel drive so it can't do too rough of dirt roads. Its a typical four door compact passenger car from like 2016 or something. Looking to take it somewhat slow and not rush through, although if its more urban sleeping I might be down for taking it faster. I'm pretty open to any route whether it be up through California or Nevada or wherever. Last time I did it I went through nevada then idaho then oregon and up.

If you all have any recommendations for ways to go, places to stay, and tips for the journey, it would be greatly appreciated. I know kinda general car camping stuff, but tips on where to sleep in urban areas would also be helpful to refresh nonetheless. Also, anything you'd recommend I keep stored in my car in case of breakdown or something?

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: NamelessExistence

NamelessExistence

I wipe my own ass
Reaction score
In terms of a few places to park in an urban area I suggest parking in front of or on the side street of apartments. Most cities don’t worry about parking overnight so u should be fine there. Camp grounds are also useful. Check out the ioverlander app for some potential spots. Maybe get some window covers or reflectix and trace ur window and cut it to size for some privacy. Make sure u have a spare tire, tire iron and a jack. Some basic tools can be useful and some sockets wouldn’t hurt. Good luck and safe travels 🤙

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads