Good Apps For Travelin.

xbocax

Reaction score
Just got my first smart phone, gunna be hitting the Sunset Route next week. Any recommendations on good apps t have when travelin? (let this be an oogle free zone, if you don't like smart phones and only wanna upda punx and spend your cash on booze instead of useful shit please do not post) tanx ;]!!!!!!!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
:eek:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Here are a few of my favorite apps:

Doggcatcher - best podcast app on Android. Use it to subscribe to the StP podcast :)

Ever note - an app to help you remember everything! I use this constantly, but others might not need it

Playerpro - best music player for android, syncs songs and ratings from iTunes if you use it in conjunction with isyncr

Tapatalk - best app for accessing the StP forums. Fast and light.

Opera mini - best browser, hands down. Fast as hell and great for slow connections.

Dolphin - use this browser for sites opera can't access.

Reactions: lone wolf and domo

railroadron

Reaction score
I ve found the third party free WI-FI locator handy out there on the road when you re counting data limits. it ll automatically log into any hotspot thats free or unsecure. also found a free radio scanner available from the playstore that ll let you scan the railroad frequencies (already preset)

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Google maps is a must. Its free, comes with gps and also talks to you if you get lonely on the way. Makes life easier. Ive used it in North America and abroad.

A

Arapala

Check out an app called blackmart its free and can be used to download expensive apps for free.

I used it to download an app called maps with me, it's a navigation system that relies on satellite and will pinpoint your location regardless of reception. Basically you download the area of maps you will need. State by state or by country if you're in Europe. Very useful and can save your ass!

Also if you're relying in battery, best get yourself a solar charger with internal battery.

Meg

Reaction score
Website
freighttrains.tumblr.com
(if youre traveling w/ a dog)
Pet First Aid - $2.99 (worth the money. tells you what to do in extreme situations to bleeding out to bug bites)
Pet Care - FREE (locates emergency pet clinics and stuff like that that is closest to you)

these apps have saved my dogs life.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads