From NW to Detroit and back again

cyberjock

Reaction score
6400-6666 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Portland, OR 97202,
Website
clap.resn.co.nz
25yr old from Suwannee, FL. Been living around and about for awhile now. Spent the last 6yrs based out in Detroit, but was staying out this way in the Cascadian region before that. I don't travel anymore, but still help out fam te best I can when, and where I see em. I'm posted up in Portland now, working in the city and living with my partner/fiance.

Don't have much to offer, I hustle to make ends meet. If you're from the area, or in the city, and could use a point in the right direction, or some help I'd like to offer what I can spare.

Alternatively If you're based in Portland, and looking for a hand on some projects, or just some good company. We're usually up for good spirits and well-intentioned collaboration where we can find it.

As far as a place to crash...

My partner and I may be willing to house people up on occasion, but there are some prerequisites I need. For the respect of all those involved.

These are: The recommendation of 3 trustworthy/noted STP members, have to keep stays to no more than 2 days(building manager lives in adjacent building) no more than 2 people at a time(we just have a little 1br to offer sorry) and must be accepting of LGBTQ lifestyles. I emphasize the last part in saying we have no tolerance for hate speech, of any sort. You will leave immediately if you are found espousing, or acting complicitly with others involved in violent discrimination.

If all these things are cool, PM us with what you're looking for and we'll talk from there. The surf isn't agreed to, until it is explicitly stated.

TW: If you are in recovery and need a clean sober space. We ourself are supportive, but we do live above a dive bar. We do not want to do harm in anyway towards you're progress/health. If this is a problem please message us still, I'd be happy to point you towards a possible alternative. Or just have a chat if you're needing it :)

D

Deleted member 125

this is a great offer, although i dont know who you'd consider trustworthy/noted members of the site. i see you also just joined today are you a returning member with a new name or just a new member?

either way awesome of you to put folks up!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
The 3 Trustworthy StP Members Vouching part might be a bit much. While it is true that a lot of us know each other in real life (or at the very least met) it's hard to gauge the depth of ones character online.

I might have a great opinion of Mr. So-and-so but someone else on here might think he's a violent prick. We have a pretty neat thread about how to vet a person before meeting them (for traveling mind you) that might help you get some peace of mind of who to trust. You can find that here.

Also, I have to ask are you offering a space in Portland Maine or Oregon? I'm going to guess Oregon haha. We have a whole sub-forum for listing possible places for people to crash, I suggest throwing a thread up in there so people can find your offer with more ease.

Gotta say that it is AWESOME to see more spaces for the LGBTQ to feel safe. I'd definitely take you up on that offer if I'm ever in the area. Welcome to the site!

• Useful
Reactions: cyberjock

cyberjock

Reaction score
Website
clap.resn.co.nz
Thanks everyone for the advice! Its really helpful and makes this less of a headache for all those involved :3 I was on here years ago, but I've become a sort of recluse in recent years. I didn't spy a vetting thread on here initially, so wasn't sure the best way to go about things. I try to offer what I can, where I can, but I've just been around too long and grown a little too long iin the fang to trust people willy-nilly nowadays. No offense to anyone, but I think we all here understand where I'm coming from.

Sorry I should've thought to put state designation haha, this is Portland, OR, not Maine, sorry folks. But again if you need help regardlesss get ahold of me still, I know folks all over.

I'll be sure to edit and repost when I have a chance. Thank you everyone!

cyberjock

Reaction score
Website
clap.resn.co.nz
Someone having gotten in a fight, or dispute is understandable. I'm calmer, and more level-headed than most, but when I was out and about I had to handle my shit. I get it, and everyone's views of circumstances varies. I can guage for myself whether the action was malicious, justified, or a simple misunderstanding. I exercise discretion, though it might be a novel concept it seems these days. Just because you've made a mistake in the past, doesn't mean I'm writing you off. I just need us to come to an understanding.

Also, not too worried about having to put others out of my house, if it comes to that. Let's just say I'm not a small, frail queer/twink ;) I am more than capable of putting someone on their ass, and its not very difficult for me to do either.

So if you'd like a safe place and good company, I would love to provide that for you. If you'd like to have your split wig down the middle and I toss you out, I can provide that as well. I'd prefer things not have to go that direction, and I have to publicly shame you on a thread here. I don't enjoy those things, but I wont let other's wattonly endanger those around them for the sake of edge, or whatever.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads