Cheapest way to get to Ukraine/Chernobyl??

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Just curious as to how i can get over to check out Chernobyl and the surrounding areas.I was on a site and found that you can do the 1 day tour for a measly $80 or so dollars.But i would like to spend close to a month in that country.As far as flight goes its around $1500 just one way from here to there.Or i can get a 2 way flight for $1538 and only be there for 2 days.Im just curious as to what other ways i can get over there.I would be down for pretty much anything.I rather travel the ocean then be in a damn airport stuck for hrs.

There's gotta be another way of getting over there.This is one of my trips that i wanna take in a few months ;D.And i have an extreme fascination with that place.As its still mostly untouched and still looks amazing.You can spend 90 days in that country without a passport but you must have a visa.Which i have no problem getting that.I guess they have an agreement with the US and some other country's are like this too.

I would probably be leaving with $500 to my name for expenses.And i am also curious as to how country's like this would treat an 'american' hoboing it around in that country.Sounds exciting to me.And i also wonder what/if any of the people there speak any english.Which i doubt they do.But its just a shot in the dark at this point.

Thanks
Chris

Thoreau

Reaction score
Website
zinelibrary.info
http://ukrtourism.com.ua/en/ukraine/visa/
appendix 4

not sure what it means but aparently you don't need a visa
or you wont need a visa IF you enter from lets say Poland, although you will need one for poland.
Download and read the table, Ukraine is not in the Schengen area so there is border control

Kabukimono

Reaction score
As claymation said you need a passport and you also need a visa. Ukranie isn't included when people from the states come over to Europe. Apart from that ... No idea .. check out their webpage and see what they say.

K.m

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads