beet harvest ND anyone?

silversqueen

Reaction score
my friend and i are gonna head up to ND for the beet harvest. any tips or thoughts from past harvesters? we also need to figure a way up there from TX if anyone is headin that way.

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
im headed up to drayton, ND, from wichita ks . im leaving town on the 3rd of september. and honestly... i have no fucking tent. ive got everything else taken care of. i dont mind sleeping in the dirt.....but i need a place to stash my pac when im out working...... im sure ill figure it out by the time i get up there. .

FUSE

Reaction score
Im headed out to do beets in Hillsboro north Dakota.anyone going there or heard of anyone doing beets here.trying to find out what to expect.my friends all said to do Renville in MN but I still haven't heard back from them.Hillsboro doesn't start till the 27 th.are there any places starting sooner?

kyle

Reaction score
there's a different kind of harvest going on in California now it's a lot easier to make money with this harvest than beets, but good luck

Reactions: Sjaan

180 Degrees

Reaction score
there's a different kind of harvest going on in California now it's a lot easier to make money with this harvest than beets, but good luck
Hey man, I've always wanted to do this. Does it pay? How do I come aboard? Be in Seattle next week, .... could easily hitch down to northern cali. Let me know.

180 Degrees

Reaction score
my friend and i are gonna head up to ND for the beet harvest. any tips or thoughts from past harvesters? we also need to figure a way up there from TX if anyone is headin that way.
If you're going up to ND, I'd suggest you venture into the western part of the state, especially if you're just looking for work in general. The Bakken Shale (oil) is booming out there right now. Several different small towns are hiring McDonalds workers @ 15.00-18.00 an hour just to work in these areas because of supply and demand. Cheers!

dprogram

Reaction score
I'd like a bit more information on this as well. I spoke with a guy today representing the hiring service. He said that I'd be working in Crookston, MN which is a 20 something hour drive from Covington (Near Memphis). I planned on camping. What should I be aware of as far as weather conditions and pay rate?

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i went to the beet harvest in nd and made 350$ bc i left early. mynot is the place to be right now if u want quick money. west ND is the best place to be. avoid grand forks though bc theyre passing a law to get rid of spangin and shit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads