5 minute tattoo gun [Video]

Dillinger

Reaction score
MC_Cripple said:
a friend and i made one of these a while ago. it has its problems. throws ink everywhere the e string just bends like hell and it cant ever make a straight line.tried tattoing a triforce on my arm just a triangle scar now. but hey dont let this discourage you from making one it would be pretty fuckin awesome to have one that works better than mine did. imma stickin to stick n pokes

p.s. india ink you can get at hobby lobby, they have no cameras except for ones up front (where i live anyway)

sounds like you're using wayy wayy wayy wayyyy too much ink at once.
sounds like the e string is too big and too long.

a few adjustments and I'm sure it'd work fine.

Dillinger

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
I want to try this, but im wondering if just buying a professional gun would be money well spent. Ive dont three Tattoos stick and poke... and they came out better in degrees.. 1st is abit shabbgy 2ndbetter 3rd best... and none of them are as bad as my aunts stick and poke she did when she was a teen. or this person i work withs stick and poke...

Im just wondering if i can find the right kind of toothbrush.

buyin a pro machine would be an awesome idea they're typically pretty cheap. you can get a nice one for around 80 dollars. just be ready to read a lot and learn how to use it correctly. just that noise alone made me cringe the first time i used one.

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
I want to try this, but im wondering if just buying a professional gun would be money well spent. Ive dont three Tattoos stick and poke... and they came out better in degrees.. 1st is abit shabbgy 2ndbetter 3rd best... and none of them are as bad as my aunts stick and poke she did when she was a teen. or this person i work withs stick and poke...

Im just wondering if i can find the right kind of toothbrush.

i'm kind of lucky, my buddy is a pro tat artist and carries his gear with him traveling, free tats for me, plus he hustles ink.. cant wait to meet up with that dude

i'm headed between austin and nola for the winter and he's meeting up with me prolly in january, so if yer in the area, free tats for the kids =)

farmer john

Reaction score
im not too sure about idiot proof...

so i made one and am having trouble with the sharpness of the guitar string, so does anyone have a preference when it comes to the size of guitar string? i was wondering if superglue-ing a sewing needle to the metal thing inside would work better, but im not quite sure what to do to make it more effective.

would attaching a needle work ?

i have 3 small stick and pokes and am ready to try a machine (d.iy. ofcourse)

Mor

Reaction score
Wal-Mart sells india ink.

pen ink or hair dye can't be good for you..

Bic ink is made up of a petroleum by-product as a carrier for the pigment. So as you can imagine it's not too compatible with human skin. It may work and look perfectly fine for months... years even.. And then one day reject from your skin or congeal into nasty lumps!

The base for india ink is water..

Mor

Reaction score
anybody experienced with hand/finger tattoo? How deep you need to pierce? I've tried one on my finger like how usually I do, about the deep of 1cent but didn't work. do I need to make it less. Because the ink holded for 2 weeks, I used tattoo ink.

One cent? As in CM... ?

Can't be true.

I did the tip of my middle finger right below my fingernail and I went about as deep as usual... 2mm to 3mm... hurt like hell!

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Don't use your fingernails guys. Bad stuff (dirt & bacteria) under the nail will give you an infection.

Bullet

Reaction score
I have this old bottle of sepia toned India ink...do you think it's safe to use it? I did a couple of dots with it using a sewing needle, and it seemed to fade, but it was literally only a couple of dots to try it out. You think that means it would end up just fading and looking like shit?

Mor

Reaction score
LOL hell no, fuck no 1 centimetre god damn!!! gotta hurt like shit :mad:

no, deep like 1 cent, money. so i guess 1mm. so you actually set it higher than I used too. Gotta try that. How's that tat man. picture?

hahahahahh.. yeah, OK.

Come to think of it. maybe 2-3mm is too deep. 2 max I'd say.

Here's the derma damage.
fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

streetlight

Reaction score
I once made a pretty decent tattoo gun using the motor from an xbox controller, 9v batteries, a pen, guitar string and lots of electric tape. Worked quite well. For ink i used a water/ash combination. That was about 2.5 years ago and that tattoo is still on my ass...faded, but visible. "Burn a church"

trotsky

Reaction score
Is this preferable to tying a needle to a pencil and doing it old school?
trying to do some tattoos with some friends, none of us have had one before. am I right in thinking the gun is easier, but also a bit riskier/easy to fuck up?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads