Soon to be the Clent! Cloak cape and tent!

Strangeandsolo

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
So my mother bless her heart found some renfair type cloak and cape patterns at her fabric store .... I have 3 tan and camo tents from wall Mart 1 man tube things with broken sticks or busted zippers. She has started to quilt them together and modify them to be hopefully rain and mosquito proof tent/ cloaks. I hope the final form is useable pics to follow.... So would y'all wear cape /Cloak in this day and age?

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Aug 4, 2006
Portland, OR
youtube.com
if any subculture could bring the cloak back, i bet it's ours. you'd definitely have to tuck that shit away when train hopping tho.

Strangeandsolo

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
I know if it looks good and is useful against the rain an bugs. More people will be interested.

Reactions: Marc ebach67

Strangeandsolo

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
if any subculture could bring the cloak back, i bet it's ours. you'd definitely have to tuck that shit away when train hopping tho.
But ya would look so cool standing on a train with your clent flowing and flapping in the wind jk jk

Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 125

All joking aside in having a hard time picturing what a cape/cloak made out of a Wal-Mart tent would look like. Even putting aside the quality of material that those tents are made out of I'm just not seeing it as a practical way to rain proof herself. Definitely gonna get some people checking you out for better or for worse.

Strangeandsolo

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
I'm really excited it's three parts of the tents sewn in to the back of a cloak so one wall is the back of the Cloak the floor folds down from the shoulders and the sides come together with the zipper to make a teepee/ cone shape with the hood like a top vent . Pics soon to expand the idea.. yeah the materials are kinda bunk but the idea is multiple use less weight items.

Reactions: ElonMusksButtcheeks

Strangeandsolo

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
Secondly I just shared property rights with y'all if it ever makes anyone anything profitable the "clent" is "stp" property use that to make a hostel!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads