NEW YORK October '13 - Help?

Stinkyyy

Reaction score
Decided to throw in the towel with my stupid ass college degree and i'm taking all the money i've worked so fucking hard to earn and i'm coming to NY in October. I'm shitting bricks but it's going to be fucking incredible.

Basically y'all should tell me any places I should definately go see, anywhere decent I can crash when I eventually run out of $$ for the hostel, anyone about who could put me up or give me their company for a day?

Everything and Anything appreciated guys, Cheers!1

Reactions: Avvvu

Ayurveda78

Reaction score
Long Island is expensive in summer but can find good paying summer work a lot of times with housing. At the end awesome town called MONTAUK you can find pretty cheap rentals in winter. Finger lakes is nice and upstate is nice more woodsy then city like

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Rochester NY here if you need a place to surf.

Avvvu

Reaction score
I'm heading to New York late October/early November. From what I read on here, Upstate New York is supposed to be nice, and I'm looking for somewhere to camp but also make some moves and show my portfolio at art galleries. I'd say try Craigslist for the gig listings, and try using the couchsurfing website as well. But the best thing, always, is to just go out there and talk to some people in the city, see if anybody is willing to give a helping hand or some good directions/advice.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm heading to New York late October/early November. From what I read on here, Upstate New York is supposed to be nice, and I'm looking for somewhere to camp but also make some moves and show my portfolio at art galleries. I'd say try Craigslist for the gig listings, and try using the couchsurfing website as well. But the best thing, always, is to just go out there and talk to some people in the city, see if anybody is willing to give a helping hand or some good directions/advice.

man, it is going to be cooooooold in nys in the winter man. bundle up.

Reactions: Avvvu

Thorsclonebro

Reaction score
I have heard so much about couchsurfing is it even worth it unless you pay for it

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
couchsurfing is totally worth it, even if you don't pay. i've made tons of friends from it.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads