Anyone have any experience with walmart compression bags?

D

Deleted member 5971

the compression bag my coleman came in is a peice of crap and the sleeping bag is literally the size of my alice medium standing side by side. im looking for a compression bag and i figured Walmart kus there cheap and close by. any cheap brands that compresses good wud be appreciated id hate to buy one and it not work well

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Lol colemans bags suck imo.I have owned a few of em and always returned them.Return that thing and get the ozark mummy bag in exchange its a much better bag then my last $50 coleman bag plus you get a proper compression sack too.

When ya wear it out just return it and exchange it for another one.hah.

I'm sure colemans bags at one point had quality control but these new bags they roll out today are so poorly made its ridiculous.Stitching that falls apart in a month of use.Zipper starts to act up foot box is falling apart.

Shit that ozark mummy bag has been thru hell with me and gets all 6'4 of me inside it and im comfortable as hell in the damn thing too.

Just givin ya my words of wisdom ;D.

urbanflow

Reaction score
go drop a few bones on a down bag at rei. you dont even need a stuff sack (i assume you're confusing stuff and compression (two completely different dogs)). just pop that bad boy in the bottom of your pack and let it fill out all the edges.

ive got bottom access to my pack so this ^ plan works perfectly. helps maintain a neat pack with nothing hanging off while simultaneously keeping my weight distribution on point.

you could go with the ozark mummy bag but, better gear means better sleep. doesnt walmart and the like want the original packaging back with product? and isnt it sort of hit or miss returning that kind of shit for an exchange?

D

Deleted member 125

from my experience walmart camping gear falls apart realy quickly and isnt worth the money, the only thing i can think of worth buying from walmart for camping would be the grease pots they sell. and im not even sure if they sell them anymore, but they are a great addition to yer cookset if you can find one while yer there.

ide recommend getting a new sleeping bag/sack set up. you get what you pay for, but if yer lucky you can snag a nice mummy sack with a decent stuff sack for 40 or 50 bucks from yahoo or amazon. i found mine at an army navy store (surprising for how light and small it is) for not to expensive, its got a realy nice temp rating, it weighs about 4 pounds and is only a little bigger then a football when its in the sack.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads