Granite Gear Blaze 60

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Just got my new pack. I highly recommend GG packs. I also like that it's earthy tones that blend in well when stealth camping. The roll top design is nice and it has 2 straps that clinch the top shut, that can also be use to strap down your sleeping mat. I use a trash compactor bag for the liner instead of a useless rain cover.

Attachments

• CAC.jpg
    CAC.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny
D

Deleted member 125

looks like a sturdy pack, the stitching looks heavy duty and the material looks nice too. my only complaint and this is just me personally but i dont like packs that have one big main compartment and no other places for gear. ive gotten pretty particular about how i pack my pack and i really like having side pockets and smaller areas where i can have easy access to things without having to dump out all my gear looking for something.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You could always sew the pockets on where you want them. Or shit even just get you some carabiners and hang a bunch of DIY stuff sax from it, now you're in business!

D

Deleted member 125

You could always sew the pockets on where you want them. Or shit even just get you some carabiners and hang a bunch of DIY stuff sax from it, now you're in business!

yea i suppose you could sew on pockets but the material its made out of looks pretty nice and somewhat water resistant so ide hate to slap a hand sewn pocket onto it and make a buncha little holes in it that water could get into. i guess another problem i have with these one main compartment packs is if you dont fill out all the space inside they always seem awkward to me with having to adjust all the strips to compress yer gear so the weight isnt shifting all over the place. they all kinda remind me of GI issue pickle packs.

not hating on the pack at all, if it works for you then thats whats up. i think im just anal about my shit being where i want it and easy to get to.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
It has a large front pocket and 2 large side pockets. I just put the things ill need throughout the day in the 2 side pockets and the main large front pocket and everything else within the pack.

D

Deleted member 125

It has a large front pocket and 2 large side pockets. I just put the things ill need throughout the day in the 2 side pockets and the main large front pocket and everything else within the pack.

right on, if that works for you then fuck yea. ive just always felt the side pockets on these kinds of packs dont work the way i want em to work since they are still part of the main pack so what goes in the main pocket effects how much can be put in the side pockets because it all just expands. same with the front pocket it just all kinda seems to fold into itself. just kinda seems to feel like im hauling a pickle bag with better back support.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 125

im pretty into my teton 3400 right now. it was a gift and although its one of the least expensive packs ive had its one of the most comfortable and durable ones also. the external pockets are perfect size for keeping my wood stove + misc cook gear along with my mess kit and paracord. but since i was so nit picky about yer pack i gotta say the one thing i wish it had was adjustable straps on the bottom of the pack for my tarp/sleeping pad. its got those little gear loop things that i have zero use for since i dont use a walking stick or anything like that. its 55 liter and thats pretty big for me gear wise these days since ive invested in decent light weight stuff but all in all its a really nice pack. before this ive had quite a few but mostly the same basic internal frame with side pockets.
gear2.jpg
to kinda give a idea how much space is in the external pockets all of this fits in one of them with room for 2 pairs of wool socks.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
@SlankyLanky That looks like a badass stove!!!! You look like you have some good taste in gear. I also use a altoids can for an emergency survival kit. Fishing line, ferro rod, etc.
I was using a cat food can alcohol stove but I think I'm going to get a different one. Who makes the one you have?

D

Deleted member 125

yea thats what i use my altiod case for also. they are really great for little stuff, ive seen people use em as little mini tackle boxes but i dont have a need for fishing stuff.
firekit.jpg

my wood stove i got from a army surplus store years back, it doesnt have a brand name on it and the pouch that came with it doesnt either. but if yer looking for a new wood stove ide say that most of the "firebox" stoves work about the same as mine does which is quite well with dry wood. they vary alot in price but from what i can tell theres no reason to buy a 70 dollar one over a 20 dollar one, i dont remember how much mine costs but i really doubt it was any more then 20 dollars. i also use a etekcity stove that uses isobutane as fuel which is really dope and super light weight i think my etekcity was less then 15 bucks and came with a little hard case thats maybe around 3/4 the size of a deck of cards.
stove.jpg
stove2.jpg

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Too funny, We have the same mess kit. I drilled holes on opposites sides up near the lip of the big container and then used a piece of wire to create a handle, that way I'm able to hang it over the fire. Lol I saw that etekcity stove on a site for $7. Think I'm going to grab it up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

i just got that pot/pan set up not to long ago, i used to use a similiar snow peak set up. it was nearly the same just smaller. the etekcity stove its worth 7 bucks for sure and i havnt had a problem finding fuel for it either since its a pretty common item these days in most outdoors sections of stores. i had a small 8 inch cast iron skillet that i used to use and loved it but straight up forgot it while packing up years ago and havnt bothered to buy another proper camp pan since.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads