Woman was living inside rooftop grocery store sign with computer and coffee maker for a year.

MetalBryan

Reaction score

TheDesertMouse

Reaction score
What a badass move. Had a little sanctuary all to herself.

“Obviously, we don’t want people resorting to illegal activity to find housing. There are much better options.”
Love how this guy completely missed the irony in what he was saying here.

Reactions: MetalBryan

MetalBryan

Reaction score
What a badass move. Had a little sanctuary all to herself.

“Obviously, we don’t want people resorting to illegal activity to find housing. There are much better options.”
Love how this guy completely missed the irony in what he was saying here

To me in the hierarchy of solving homelessness, 2nd to immediately housing every single working homeless person & their dependents, is updating the general understanding of the difficulties of housing struggles. There's a lot of people in the US who would gladly sign a lease & pay to live in a fucking sign. When considering living outside & shelter conditions, squatting is objectively the best option. While the risk to be told to move on is high, the risk of punitive action is low. Our system responds to crisis but it doesn't do shit to prevent it, so the struggle to find "much better options" is a constant battle of setting up precarious housing/employment situations and being knocked down again by the smallest setback.

I wish I had the right attitude to introduce people to my position but when folks who haven't been homeless talk to me about it, especially at work, I treat them like they don't know wtf they are talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

sevedemanos

Reaction score
someb
And the store realized life is tough for many and didn't press charges etc .. she was free to go. Great story and good on her for innovative thinking 👏

somebody hererecounted once, years ago.. think it mightve been mmmmmmichael (whatever happened to that guy?)… how theyd once worked at taco bell and slept on the roof every night

ive slept on the roof once or twice but never concurrently

Reactions: MichelleA66

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
someb

somebody hererecounted once, years ago.. think it mightve been mmmmmmichael (whatever happened to that guy?)… how theyd once worked at taco bell and slept on the roof every night

ive slept on the roof once or twice but never concurrently

I remember mmmmmmmichael. Sounds about right. He was an interesting fellow. That little story reminds me of all the ways I used to get over on the railroad. I'm tempted to just write that all here but maybe I'll just make a post of it instead. I'll work on that right now actually. I kinda feel like writing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads