Z as in Zero, glad to be here!

Z203

Reaction score
Hey STP, like the sublime song
My name is Z and I’m stuck here in Austin, TX for some time. Saving up money to convert a van but will be on the move sooner than later.
I have a passion for the outdoors and the earth and that is what motivates me- there is not enough experience to have in a single place that could compare to that of the world.
I love to read to learn, so any book recommends appreciated.
anyways, thanks :)

D

Deleted member 23824

Horton Hears A Who by Theodor Geisel

Welcome aboard. @MattDerrick is in your neck of the woods I think, might be able to offer you some advice on kitting out your van. Safe travels.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
If you want a book with some good general advice and tips on traveling, you should check out Matt Derricks book. It's called The Anarchists Guide to Travel. Another book I have found useful and funny is Selling Your Crap Online by Caleb Lnenicka. You can find that ebook at Barnes and Nobel. Lastly, a classic that apparently everyone read in high school but I just recently discovered since I didn't attend high school: The Jungle by Alton Sinclair.

Z203

Reaction score
If you want a book with some good general advice and tips on traveling, you should check out Matt Derricks book. It's called The Anarchists Guide to Travel. Another book I have found useful and funny is Selling Your Crap Online by Caleb Lnenicka. You can find that ebook at Barnes and Nobel. Lastly, a classic that apparently everyone read in high school but I just recently discovered since I didn't attend high school: The Jungle by Alton Sinclair.
Hey Minnie! Thanks for the sources- I’ve already ordered Matt’s, it seems informative. I’ll look into the others, it’s interesting you recommend Sinclair’s jungle. I thought it was social commentary about the uncleanliness of slaughterhouses, which sums up Austin well lol

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
Hey Minnie! Thanks for the sources- I’ve already ordered Matt’s, it seems informative. I’ll look into the others, it’s interesting you recommend Sinclair’s jungle. I thought it was social commentary about the uncleanliness of slaughterhouses, which sums up Austin well lol
[/QUOThe Jungle is so much more than that. It's the beginning of workers rights movement in the US. And it shows you the mindset of most large business owners. When you understand their mindset, it becomes obvious that things could slip back to how they were if workers don't stay very vigilant. And I like that the cbaracter does some very disagreeable things. He's no saint. But does one need to be saintly in order to be cared about and treated well?

Reactions: Z203

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads