You've been stealing water

fig

Reaction score
Hey my name's Sinéad like O'Connor, most people just call me fig like a fig leaf or fig newton. Love to travel, love to come back to my home city (Buffalo NY) and work a little bit on helping the community.
End wage labor, feed the poor, dismantle the gender binary, an ye harm none do what ye will. Inaction in the face of violence is violence. "Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting in our graves."
I love to write poetry and read, usually classics. Plenty of big plans and great memories. Currently communal, online TEFL instructor.
Go outside.

Attachments

• VID_20171211_200610_030.mp4
    10.6 MB · Views: 235

fig

Reaction score
I am in fact very self-righteous, thanks for noticing!

W

Weminuche

Hey man. Cool intro. I'm volunteering as an ESL tutor for refugees living in Denver. I friggin love it and I love the family im working with but I don't really know what I'm doing as far as teaching goes.
Once I get my bachelor's degree i think it'd be tits to travel to Central and Southeast Asia as a teacher. I want to learn ALL the languages ::cyclops::. Sorry for getting carried away.
Do you get paid as a tefl teacher?
If so how did you get the job?
How did you get the training or did you learn as you went like im trying to do?
Have any tips/resources I can look into to get better at making lesson plans and such? (One student is illiterate with no English and one is a highly literate/educated polyglot).
Thanks man. Welcome to the site.

fig

Reaction score
I personally went to Mexico and took a month long course, after saving up the tuition and living costs for a few months. My school was International TEFL Academy, I studied in Puerto Vallarta and had one of the greater times of my life. I absolutely recommend saving up and taking a course. That company offers a few great resources like a chart of the basic info for a load of countries, things like expected pay and cost of living, education requirements (most of south america doesn't require any college education), things like that. China is a great deal, I ought to go there just for the practicality but I'm not particularly interested.
Please pardon my rambling response, it's just an exciting topic for me. I'm paid 12 an hour and work 2 hrs a weekday. Living in what started as a squat so my rent is mad cheap. Dumpster my food, ride a bike, volunteer. Life is great. Cold here though.
You're going to do great and so am i!! Bless.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool intro and welcome to STP!

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome.... Safe travel's.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads