Your Longest Held Possession

K

Kim Chee

Greetings travelers! If you travel like I did you kept some items and left others. I left behind much of my past (documents, sentimental items, etc.). I did happen to hang onto a spoon I found in El Paso. My glorious spoon was found on the road...yet it doesn't bear marks of being run over. I use my spoon often and think it is one of my most treasured possessions.

image.jpg

Please share about the item you've kept the longest.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
lol - Bunny. Yes a Bunny stuffed long legged bunny (looks like a sock monkey sorta thing) that I learned how to sew on, color on (with crayons I gave it a black eye or something) and it has a couple safety pins holding the tail on. It is a limp squashed looking thing - in a box with other child hood and drinking/concert momentos and such. I shall not divulge how old bunny is, but lets just say bunny is an antique. :D

Reactions: Shwillam
K

Kim Chee

Ahhhhhh yes. This is the stuff I'm looking for. Maybe we'll hear qbout a birth certificate or some other childhood toys like you're bunny?:)). Damn if my spoon doesn't comfort me too.

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
I think it might be this c 3p0 keychain ive had forever. I remember my mom taking me to kb toys when I was lik 6 or 7 for doing good in school.

D

Deleted member 20

I have had the same exact military canteen & canteen cover since 1992-93 or so. It predates my own joining the Marines in 1995, I remember using it in JROTC in high school. I have a new canteen cup now but the canteen tends to always be there with me.

Last edited:

Michael Grant

Reaction score
it was some lame attempt at being funny in the sense that im a really dirty person

but seriously though its probably my leatherman ive had it for a couple years now and i always got it clipped to my back jeans pocket

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 414
K

Kim Chee

...probably my leatherman ive had it for a couple years now and i always got it clipped to my back jeans pocket

Cool! Great job keeping it. Leatherman tool groundscores are amongst my favorite.
Drunken nighttime train stalking in the catchouts has resulted in many cool finds the next day.

On topic: I've had my spoon for about 10 years now.

Kal

Reaction score
A fork, spoon, knife, and a can opener that folds into one that I have had for 2 to 3 years. Got it for Christmas from this family that let me stay for the winter.

Reactions: Odin
K

Kim Chee

A fork, spoon, knife, and a can opener that folds into one that I have had for 2 to 3 years. Got it for Christmas from this family that let me stay for the winter.

Oh shit...your longest kept possessions are only 2-3 years held? Sweet gift from the family though.

At least you have your priorities straight (utensils:)).

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Probably the inside part of a cheap leather wallet I found in the street on capital hill sometime around winter 2012. I rubber band it now so liscense and ebt etc don't all slip out. Before that it was an altoid tin I've since lost, and which ironically worked better than either this or the wallet previous. It did not, on the other hand, work better in the sense that I am going to lose it anyhow, whatever it is that is keeping my money and important information.

For almost as long I held onto folded scraps of paper from other years and other experiences. Random numbers and bits of local directional info and artists to look up scrawled all over, hidden in random pockets, maybe a sentence or two from some book I was reading. Possibly my most sentimental posessions. But these get wet and fade away with the months and years regardless of where they are kept.

Art101

Reaction score
a Dwarves t-shirt had it since 2010.Has the young and good looking ski mask pic on front and the skull and crossed boners on the back.Apair of boots frome around the same time frame also.

Reactions: VtJake

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not oldest but been a while.
Worn out desert combat boots...
Wanna bronze em. Mebbe...

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads