you ever just walked | Squat the Planet

you ever just walked

daveycrockett

Reaction score
you ever just walked, iknow ive hitched long distances in a day but ive walked all day too, i remember walking in florida one time on a road that was at least 100 miles long with nothing on it at all i thought, straight road with nothing on it, i remember seeing a car coming at me by the time it got to me it was about 5 8 mins later easy. kept walking trying to hitch but no ride when it got close to morning i fell asleep on the side of the road against a sign, woke up and kept walking wondering why noone was picking me up when i looked at the sign it said state prison, thats why , imust have walked 25 30 miles that night,day through the morning. sometimes ill get up and just walk though, far.....

Reactions: eske silver

Mongo

Reaction score
the longest I've walked is probably from half moon bay for about 7 miles until someone picked me and my friend up. As for that jail sign one of my fastest rides was from right in front of one of those in Colorado along the 76 but I was with my girlfriend at the time too, boy did she freak out when she saw that sign that said Don't Pick up Hitchhikers, and We could see the prison over the hill.

Reactions: notlateforsuppa
D

Deleted member 363

I did 19 miles in just over 4 hours with 50 lbs of gear.

It was a military competition, which is unrelated, but I had to brag.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i walked from victorville to just before barstow once. was almost 30 miles. i just felt like walking - walked all day and thru most of the night. then i got caught in this wicked ass windstorm just as i got there at like 4 in the morning. huge ass tumbleweeds whipping across the road...i actually was a little scared for my life then. my legs were sore for a week after that

D

Deleted member 363

22 miles aint to shabby.

Don't let me kid you. That competition sucked some big ol' dick. My right leg was fucked up for weeks.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I did 19 miles in just over 4 hours with 50 lbs of gear.

It was a military competition, which is unrelated, but I had to brag.
19 miles in 4 hours... Damn!
I couldn't do it with that much weight. I have timed myself with no gear, I walk 3 miles an hour. With under 20 Lbs
of gear, plenty of water and good shoes I can cover 25 miles in a day. But damn I'll be sore afterwards!
The other trick is eat for energy not bulk or taste. Think easy to digest, but leaves you with plenty of energy and won't
cramp you up. Avocados, bannanas, sour cream, boiled lentils & barley, stuff like that will keep your feet moving all day. Food like that leaves me feeling a little hungry but with plenty of energy, and a little hunger at least for me, helps me to keep moving.

• Useful
Reactions: Total goober

Kabukimono

Reaction score
I walked 25km the other day. I'm a vagabond-cyclist .. but after getting really stoned and walking .. for no reason (I used to walk a lot before travelling full time) I came up with the need to instead of cycling .. walking. Maybe, I will pursue this in the future.

Met a lot of people who walk though. Met a German in Santago de Compostela - who had taken 6 months to walk from Berlin. A French guy who had just come back from walking Spain and was heading back home to France.

Big props to them walkers out there.

K.m

K

Kim Chee

24 or 26 miles (can't remember which, whatever they require in SFAS) with 65# rucksack under 7.5 hrs. I know I've walked further in a day with less weight. I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'm sure I've walked well over 30 miles in a day a few times.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I think the longest I walked in a day was about 22 miles - I walked from Canterbury to Dover in southeastern England. I had a light pack on - maybe 15-20 pounds. I was just in Oakland/San Fransisco on May Day and I was pretty much walking from 7am-2am; I have no idea how many miles I walked, but, I had some wicked blisters.

I am starting a job in Arizona in a few weeks where I will be walking around some national parks from 5am-1pm most days of the work week. Going to be hoootttt.

P

Pheonix

32 miles down Avenue of the Giants in Humboult Redwood State Park. It took about 5 days cause I was wondering around in the forest and sight seeing. But when I get stuck in a town I will walk down the freeway until I get a ride or get fucked with by the cops. Did a lot of walking up and down the Pacific Coast Highway and I average about 5 miles an hour (average is 3). I've also pushed a fully loaded shopping cart up to 75 miles one way down a country road and bike trails between Stockton, Sacremento, Davis and Woodland just to find a good panhandling spot then go back home. Done that a couple times and I averaged 25 miles a day, but only walked country roads during day but would keep going at night if there was a sidewalk and street lights.

keg

Reaction score
Wallking is great.I walked 5 days from sunrise till sunset thru the mountains of Japan.except for the times when there was no road to walk on and huge drops to rivers below it was great.going top sleep after dark and not knowing where you rate gonna wake up is great.I woke up in a field of grapes.good breakfast.Only thing was it seemed people are shocked to see people walking on that road and swerved so wildly in there shock.Not many bugs and many rivers to swim in.Walking 14 hours and not seeing a building is fuckin great.walking up mountains to go down to go up to go down for a whole days.it was great.5-6 days without beer was not so great.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads