travelin chicago, NOLA, and memphis | Squat the Planet

travelin chicago, NOLA, and memphis

madison

Reaction score
new to this site. just got done travelling all around california and vegas. Back in canada but heading to chicago in a few days then will be in nola middle of may then up to memphis area. Wondering if theres any shows, venues etc to check out along the way?
cheers!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Ambitious plans - and welcome - have fun! I'll be down south in a month. :)

Cirno9

Reaction score
Heh that was my exact route on my way to nola for halloween after I left ohio to chicago, good luck man you will need it in memphis.

madison

Reaction score
just staying at a friends farm outside of memphis but gonna go into the city maybe a little. never been to nola though, pretty stoked. going to a house show in chicago but i wanna find some shows to check out in nola. but i dont think well be there too long.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
something to keep in mind is that there aren't really many 'house shows' in nola due to the prevalence of bars. so if a band is playing a show 99% chance it's going to be at a bar. you look kinda young in your picture, but if you are i wouldn't worry, it's extremely easy to drink in bars in nola if you're under 21.

st roch tavern used to be THE dirty kid bar, but I heard it's a new bar now, ive never been to it and can't remember the name. can someone else help me out here?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
well im 23 so not too worried about that....

Jesus Buddah Allah Krishnah Satan!!! And my favorite SHIVA...

23... damn I'm feeling a generation older... sigh

Good luck take care of yourself. LOL

UrottingJaw

Reaction score
Im going to SummerCamp Music Festival in Chillicothe IL on May 22 - 24, then I had planned on heading west to EDC June 19 -21, but they're sold out. I'm still thinking of traveling that way and heading to Slab City. Enjoy your travels.

happyotter87

Reaction score
new to this site. just got done travelling all around california and vegas. Back in canada but heading to chicago in a few days then will be in nola middle of may then up to memphis area. Wondering if theres any shows, venues etc to check out along the way?
cheers!

Don't bother with downtown memphis, the home bums that way are pretty agro/pushy. My fiancé and I lived there before we hit the road in Feb. There's a coffee shop in midtown off of cooper ave called otherlands that's really cool about ppl just hanging around. You don't even have to buy anything. They also do shows there. Check out the buccaneer for shows as well. Stick to the cooper/young and midtown district for the best experience and pm me if you need more info as I don't want to clutter this thread with a wall of text. Happy travels and don't trust the guy with a gold tooth flipping a coin :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads