Nomadic Feral Faerie | Squat the Planet

Nomadic Feral Faerie

Reaction score
What's going Ya'll? My name is Artemis. As far as Internets go, this is a fuckin good idea. I have been travelling going on seven years now. Mostly, I stick to the sticks, back country, wild woods, anarchistic intentional communities, Radical Faerie gatherings, shit like that. I'm focusing most of my energy to helping preserve Indigenous knowledge, specifically about food systems and medicines. I am also working to form a Coven of Queers and Radicals. The past two years I've been learning how to brain tan deer and elk hides, planting and tending wild food and medicine plants, and other skills for living in wild places. Most of my teachers have learned from the Tribes of the Great Basin and Pacific Northwest. At the moment I am in Southern Oregon looking for other people traveling to Asheville or New Orleans. I'm heading there to network with wild skills communities and round up the rest of the gear I need to pack horses and live in the wild full time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I see that you freely use the Faggot word but as with other words that could also hurt, i suggest that you use another word. Just because it may be perfectly fine while you are using it with your friends & peers if another uses it in a derogatory fashion it will evolve into a huge fight with many people reporting it.

The philosophy that I use with young children is" If I cant say it that you cant say it." Im all for free speech but if used against you it will be hate speech per our "Terms & Rules" I have edited it to Faerie as you also used & I think is less offensive & will delete this response; unless you have something to object & or add on the subject.

Welcome to STP!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I see that you freely use the Faggot word but as with other words that could also hurt, i suggest that you use another word. Just because it may be perfectly fine while you are using it with your friends & peers if another uses it in a derogatory fashion it will evolve into a huge fight with many people reporting it.

The philosophy that I use with young children is" If I cant say it that you cant say it." Im all for free speech but if used against you it will be hate speech per our "Terms & Rules" I have edited it to Faerie as you also used & I think is less offensive & will delete this response; unless you have something to object & or add on the subject.

Welcome to STP!
Hello Highway man. I would like to ask that you change it back, as I am a Gay man and Identify as a Faggot. It is actually a sacred title in my spiritual tradition. It is important for people to know that Queer men are reclaiming this word as many other minorities have reclaimed other "offensive" or "curse" words. I also find it important for people to realize the difference between someone openly and proudly identifying as something (thus taking away power from those who use it as hate speech) and those that use it as hate speech. I am technically a Faerie, or Siddhe ("the shining ones" in Gaelic) though, herstorically, this word has also been used in a derogatory fashion and been reclaimed by LGBT Communities. I would also like to point out that people on this site are my friends and peers. I would like the autonomy as a minority to not be censored using words that explicitly belong to my people. Thank you for your time and concern. Artemisia Blackwell.

Reaction score
P.S.S. I searched the word "Faggot" on this website and saw it mostly being referenced as a derogatory term. I think its important to see examples of people who have reclaimed Faggot thus giving our language a chance to transform. If people in this generation realize that its possible to be a Faggot and that be a good thing, that makes the world a fuck of a lot better for all of us. I hope there is Clarity in this.

D

Deleted member 20

P.S.S. I searched the word "Faggot" on this website and saw it mostly being referenced as a derogatory term. I think its important to see examples of people who have reclaimed Faggot thus giving our language a chance to transform. If people in this generation realize that its possible to be a Faggot and that be a good thing, that makes the world a fuck of a lot better for all of us. I hope there is Clarity in this.

Well since it violates our "Terms & Rules" those instances should have been reported, not that I am suggesting a witch hunt for every use of the word. I think the reality is that if the LBGT community wants to reclaim that word they still have a lifetime of work to do before it will be able to be used in a forum; even such a progressive thinking website/forum such as STP. I am sure that if & when you succeed in getting that word to be used in a non derogatory fashion in popular culture, schools, work etc then it will be appropriate in a forum post where it can easily be taken out of context & used in a negative response because of its initial use.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Well.. i dunno what the terms of service are, really..
i never read software agreements, etc., except that i know i am agreeing to have my dick cut off..

i think posts should be allowed to satnd until there are *ACTUAL* complaints from those **whom are of the class/group/etc** they would supposedly offend... i won't digress, but if someone calls me a slur because:
1) they are identifying with that slur as a constructive reaction to prejudice
2) they are trying to make a point to my fucking shit-steamed consciousness about how fucked up i am
3) they are relating to how they perceive their personal or group relationship to others because of it

then it should stand..

until people who are actually of that group indicate it is offensive to them..

nothing irks me more than censorship.. paternal, communal, political, blah blah blah..

it makes the fucking stars fall, when it's just a knee jerk reaction..

Matt closed one of my threads earlier because it was going to be a "flame magnet", although it had only received "likes" from other than one of the forum regulars, who, to the best of my knowledge is *not* black..

at that point, although i did not withdraw my participation on this site, i did withdraw further physical support.

if StP is about squashing what people say in good faith, because they don't say it the right way, then StP can go to fucking hell.

this is not about somebody saying "hey!! don't help that person!!" or "hey!! that person drinks lysol, so they are fucking scum!!"

this is ablout someone who made a goddamned comment relating to ***SELF IDENTITY*** & it was squashed.

that is goddamned fucking shamefull..

i dunno..

i've put a lot on here... i don't need to download it, or save my convos or whatever..

if you're going to quash posts **before** there are actual complaints, please ban me, because i am ashamed to have wasted this much time here.

D

Deleted member 20

I think the reality is that many mods edit,move & or delete posts/threads without consulting others in an attempt to keep the dialogue open for all. I think being the playground monitor with such varied free thinking individuals can be a difficult task. Just because @Artemisia Blackwell or @highwayman or @creature uses a word because he identifies with it doesnt give him exclusive right to use it.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I dunno if it matters so much "IF" we use a word as in when, how, and why we use a word.
I mean I am a curmudgeon of a crotchety fucking asshole. But hey, I'm kinda cool. ::cigar::
I agree with @creature mostly.
It's cool to put in effort to reclaim a word there @Artemisia Blackwell
Just remember your perspective is not the only one.
Yea... I know... I get there often too... but... my world is not the only one.
Heh... unless I convert to solipsism... yea remember other folks matter.;)

I'm in Lancaster Ohio trying to get towards nola

Living up to your reputation. nice

Schrodinger

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I dunno if it matters so much "IF" we use a word as in when, how, and why we use a word.
I mean I am a curmudgeon of a crotchety fucking asshole. But hey, I'm kinda cool. ::cigar::
I agree with @creature mostly.
It's cool to put in effort to reclaim a word there @Artemisia Blackwell
Just remember your perspective is not the only one.
Yea... I know... I get there often too... but... my world is not the only one.
Heh... unless I convert to solipsism... yea remember other folks matter.;)

Living up to your reputation. nice
My reputation? I'm cconfused.

D

Deleted member 20

My reputation? I'm cconfused.

Im not, lmfao. How if @Artemisia Blackwell is in Oregon & you are in Lancaster, Ohio how will he be able to help you get to NOLA. Maybe you guys can meet up via STP if & when you are both actually there at the same time. Perhaps its best to discuss this in a PM with @Odin instead of jut handing out a negative rating. Those negative ratings are easy to start handing out once your feelings get hurt. Lets all try not to retaliate immediately with the negative ratings. This intro post has already been side tracked by all of us, thanks to me (bow, bow, sorry:oops:). Artemis may be the most talked about new user in years.

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm in Lancaster Ohio trying to get towards nola

I was gonna say... you live up to the name Schrodinger... as in the cat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

An example of superposition through radioactive decay... illustrating the uncertainty principle (though you chose your handle... you know this...? ) and how you posting about being in Lancaster Ohio going to nola... in the middle of this intro and covo... seemed to me random and completely unexpected.

Schrodingers cat... in the hypothetical experiment exists in a state of dead/unknown/undead... effectively a superposition.
That relates right on with the uncertainty principle.

The Werner Heisenberg in 1926 as a corollary of the wave-particle duality of nature. He realized that it was impossible to observe a sub-atomic particle like an electron with a standard optical microscope, no matter how powerful, because an electron is smaller than the wavelength of visible light. He conceived of an imaginary microscope which used gamma rays (which have a wavelength much smaller than an electron) rather than visible light. But, because gamma rays are so much more energetic than visible light, they would have the effect of changing the speed and direction of the electron in an unpredictable and uncontrollable way. So, in solving one part of the problem, another problem is necessarily created.

Or something like that.
Yea... now thats confusing. haha. ::cigar::

D

Deleted member 20

going to nola.
I think they are both headed to Nola from opposite coasts & unsure of timeline & or modes of travel & @Schrodinger was most likely responding to the OPs intro. I thought @Schrodinger had a different reputation since he has been posting desperate posts to get top NOLA fom OHIO in multiple rideshare threads. This reputation of being inexperienced was actually just my opinion in how similar & helpless all the new travelers sound on this website. I hope we can all be pals.;)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
meh.... that makes sense now.
Good one Schrod... got me chasing my tail once more.
LOL
Yawn...::singing:: Hmmm sucuri hooked me up with -one for shits and giggles... looks like I earned -2 weee... weee...

Anyway welcome @Artemisia Blackwell , I'm not part of any queer coven nor am I all that radical... but I like your hair cut. MIght be able to pull that off myself.
Hahah.. good luck in your travels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Artemisia Blackwell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads