Completed / Resolved Would you be interested in StP patches or pins/buttons?

Would you buy some of our shit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Hey folks, I'm posting this to gauge interest and see if the community would be interested in buying StP patches or pins/buttons? The patches would probably be $3 (4x4 inches) and pins/buttons would be around $2. I'd probably use the same design as the stickers we have, but I'm thinking about doing a new design for the patches (no idea what yet, gimme ideas).

anyways, what do you think?

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Threads
Current Location
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
yea im about to start a good job, i wanna be able to help support the community a little bit. so yea id buy shit if i get this job.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Patches!!! And travelers who visit me leave with a little STP swag too! :)

anyiki

Pilgrim
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Easthampton, MA
Website
anyaklepacki.party
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
yeaaa for sure. also if you ever want to have patches or stuff that isn't the logo but some other people's random drawings i'd love to offer up a slice -- could be sick to have a bunch of different patches

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
yeaaa for sure. also if you ever want to have patches or stuff that isn't the logo but some other people's random drawings i'd love to offer up a slice -- could be sick to have a bunch of different patches
well for now we're gonna start small, since i gotta pay for them in bulk out of pocket. i might be open to the idea of people sending me patches to sell in our store though (for a fair commission of course).

anyiki

Pilgrim
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Easthampton, MA
Website
anyaklepacki.party
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
well for now we're gonna start small, since i gotta pay for them in bulk out of pocket. i might be open to the idea of people sending me patches to sell in our store though (for a fair commission of course).
word. definitely would buy a stp patch! i'm setting up better screenprinting facilities back in wmass when we return so it'd definitely be an option on my end to print some other ones up in the future !

Threads
Current Location
Slabs
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
The immediate response in my mind was "Fuck Yes!" and then I started thinking about where all the patches and pins I've picked up over the years ended up...
Bottom of drawers, totes, boxes...etc...
I never end up putting them on anything. The one time I did was a He-Man pin I found the first week of classes in junior college. Put it on my backpack strap and forgot about it for two years when someone pointed out it wasn't there anymore. lol
But now I'm thinking maybe since I'll be on the road and have time to actually sew things on and all that I might want a patch.
So now I don't know what I want, but if I did decide I want something it'd be a patch and I'd probably pick it up at this year's Jambo.

Threads
Current Location
Portland
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I would, and I would love to see a patch that was a colored in earth with "squat the planet" positioned outside and around the earth (kinda like in my profile pic) maybe with a squatter symbol in the middle. Or even something like a design with an old hobo on a rocket in space yelling "fuck the world, squat the moon!" with the STP sign. I love to see a variety of different creative and silly things.

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I would, and I would love to see a patch that was a colored in earth with "squat the planet" positioned outside and around the earth (kinda like in my profile pic) maybe with a squatter symbol in the middle. Or even something like a design with an old hobo on a rocket in space yelling "fuck the world, squat the moon!" with the STP sign. I love to see a variety of different creative and silly things.
i'd like to do a new design different from the stickers, but we'll need someone to come up with the design, cause my drawing skill suck. maybe i'll hit up @awkwardshelby (jambo flyer, stp book) and see if they have time to whip something up...

Threads
Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
Reactions
91% 3% 6%
I would only wear the sites paraphernalia if I was sure it was a friendly community that was suitable for people of color and lgbtq people. I have yet to observe it to see if it is enough of on the oven up for those communities.

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
if it is enough of on the oven up for those communities
do you mean 'on the up and up'? also, we're extremely POC and LGBT+ friendly. it's kinda in our logo, and we even have some threads/articles specifically addressing issues related to those communities, so i'm not sure how we wouldn't qualify.

Threads
Current Location
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
Reactions
91% 3% 6%
do you mean 'on the up and up'? also, we're extremely POC and LGBT+ friendly. it's kinda in our logo, and we even have some threads/articles specifically addressing issues related to those communities, so i'm not sure how we wouldn't qualify.
No, I meant what I said! Oven! ::drinkingbuddy::

I didn't say you don't qualify. I want to see more activity before I give it any personal recommendations. Some more articles and stuff in the library. See some lgtbq and poc staff members. See some real representation other than some threads and an "almost" logo. I'm very strict about what I recommend to others, and I expect them to be the same way with me. I will continue to observe the site. ::pompus::

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
No, I meant what I said! Oven! ::drinkingbuddy::

I didn't say you don't qualify. I want to see more activity before I give it any personal recommendations. Some more articles and stuff in the library. See some lgtbq and poc staff members. See some real representation other than some threads and an "almost" logo. I'm very strict about what I recommend to others, and I expect them to be the same way with me. I will continue to observe the site. ::pompus::
oh geez. first off, 'oven' doesn't make any sense. second, way to be incredibly pretentious about your oh-so-high standards.

Look, we're honestly trying here, and you're being very insulting to the 1000's of hours of work we've put in here. If it doesn't meet your high standard of excellence in every way you desire then you need to take those issues to the IRL community, not the people facilitating the networking and communication of that community.

If there isn't enough LGBT+/POC representation here in terms of staff (we have LGBT+/POC staff by the way) or content it's because people like yourself are spending too much time complaining about what's wrong with everyone else rather than stepping up and producing the content you want to see here. I can only do so much with what I'm being given.

So if you're going to be such a PC-jerk about it, we really don't need your recommendations. We'll do just fine without you.

Threads
Current Location
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
Reactions
91% 3% 6%
oh geez. first off, 'oven' doesn't make any sense. second, way to be incredibly pretentious about your oh-so-high standards.

Look, we're honestly trying here, and you're being very insulting to the 1000's of hours of work we've put in here. If it doesn't meet your high standard of excellence in every way you desire then you need to take those issues to the IRL community, not the people facilitating the networking and communication of that community.

If there isn't enough LGBT+/POC representation here in terms of staff (we have LGBT+/POC staff by the way) or content it's because people like yourself are spending too much time complaining about what's wrong with everyone else rather than stepping up and producing the content you want to see here. I can only do so much with what I'm being given.

So if you're going to be such a PC-jerk about it, we really don't need your recommendations. We'll do just fine without you.
Insulting? It's insulting to you that I have "high standards" about what I recommend to people I care about? Ok, then. I'll take your advice - I won't recommend the site to the communities I'm apart of. ::meh::

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Insulting? It's insulting to you that I have "high standards" about what I recommend to people I care about? Ok, then. I'll take your advice - I won't recommend the site to the communities I'm apart of. ::meh::
but im sure you'll be more than happy to continue using the site, or you know, you could follow your own advice and go away.