Completed Would you be interested in StP patches or pins/buttons? (1 Viewer)

Would you buy some of our shit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, I'm posting this to gauge interest and see if the community would be interested in buying StP patches or pins/buttons? The patches would probably be $3 (4x4 inches) and pins/buttons would be around $2. I'd probably use the same design as the stickers we have, but I'm thinking about doing a new design for the patches (no idea what yet, gimme ideas).

anyways, what do you think?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Current Location
yea im about to start a good job, i wanna be able to help support the community a little bit. so yea id buy shit if i get this job.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

anyiki

Lurker
Current Location
WeMa
Website
fantasy-spaces.info
yeaaa for sure. also if you ever want to have patches or stuff that isn't the logo but some other people's random drawings i'd love to offer up a slice -- could be sick to have a bunch of different patches

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
yeaaa for sure. also if you ever want to have patches or stuff that isn't the logo but some other people's random drawings i'd love to offer up a slice -- could be sick to have a bunch of different patches
well for now we're gonna start small, since i gotta pay for them in bulk out of pocket. i might be open to the idea of people sending me patches to sell in our store though (for a fair commission of course).

anyiki

Lurker
Current Location
WeMa
Website
fantasy-spaces.info
well for now we're gonna start small, since i gotta pay for them in bulk out of pocket. i might be open to the idea of people sending me patches to sell in our store though (for a fair commission of course).
word. definitely would buy a stp patch! i'm setting up better screenprinting facilities back in wmass when we return so it'd definitely be an option on my end to print some other ones up in the future !

Jerrell

Rambler
Current Location
Western IA
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
The immediate response in my mind was "Fuck Yes!" and then I started thinking about where all the patches and pins I've picked up over the years ended up...
Bottom of drawers, totes, boxes...etc...
I never end up putting them on anything. The one time I did was a He-Man pin I found the first week of classes in junior college. Put it on my backpack strap and forgot about it for two years when someone pointed out it wasn't there anymore. lol
But now I'm thinking maybe since I'll be on the road and have time to actually sew things on and all that I might want a patch.
So now I don't know what I want, but if I did decide I want something it'd be a patch and I'd probably pick it up at this year's Jambo.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

japanarchist

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Portland
I would, and I would love to see a patch that was a colored in earth with "squat the planet" positioned outside and around the earth (kinda like in my profile pic) maybe with a squatter symbol in the middle. Or even something like a design with an old hobo on a rocket in space yelling "fuck the world, squat the moon!" with the STP sign. I love to see a variety of different creative and silly things.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
I would, and I would love to see a patch that was a colored in earth with "squat the planet" positioned outside and around the earth (kinda like in my profile pic) maybe with a squatter symbol in the middle. Or even something like a design with an old hobo on a rocket in space yelling "fuck the world, squat the moon!" with the STP sign. I love to see a variety of different creative and silly things.
i'd like to do a new design different from the stickers, but we'll need someone to come up with the design, cause my drawing skill suck. maybe i'll hit up @awkwardshelby (jambo flyer, stp book) and see if they have time to whip something up...

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
if it is enough of on the oven up for those communities
do you mean 'on the up and up'? also, we're extremely POC and LGBT+ friendly. it's kinda in our logo, and we even have some threads/articles specifically addressing issues related to those communities, so i'm not sure how we wouldn't qualify.

Reactions: 2 people

Inuyoujo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
do you mean 'on the up and up'? also, we're extremely POC and LGBT+ friendly. it's kinda in our logo, and we even have some threads/articles specifically addressing issues related to those communities, so i'm not sure how we wouldn't qualify.
No, I meant what I said! Oven! ::drinkingbuddy::

I didn't say you don't qualify. I want to see more activity before I give it any personal recommendations. Some more articles and stuff in the library. See some lgtbq and poc staff members. See some real representation other than some threads and an "almost" logo. I'm very strict about what I recommend to others, and I expect them to be the same way with me. I will continue to observe the site. ::pompus::

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
No, I meant what I said! Oven! ::drinkingbuddy::

I didn't say you don't qualify. I want to see more activity before I give it any personal recommendations. Some more articles and stuff in the library. See some lgtbq and poc staff members. See some real representation other than some threads and an "almost" logo. I'm very strict about what I recommend to others, and I expect them to be the same way with me. I will continue to observe the site. ::pompus::
oh geez. first off, 'oven' doesn't make any sense. second, way to be incredibly pretentious about your oh-so-high standards.

Look, we're honestly trying here, and you're being very insulting to the 1000's of hours of work we've put in here. If it doesn't meet your high standard of excellence in every way you desire then you need to take those issues to the IRL community, not the people facilitating the networking and communication of that community.

If there isn't enough LGBT+/POC representation here in terms of staff (we have LGBT+/POC staff by the way) or content it's because people like yourself are spending too much time complaining about what's wrong with everyone else rather than stepping up and producing the content you want to see here. I can only do so much with what I'm being given.

So if you're going to be such a PC-jerk about it, we really don't need your recommendations. We'll do just fine without you.

Reactions: 2 people

Inuyoujo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
oh geez. first off, 'oven' doesn't make any sense. second, way to be incredibly pretentious about your oh-so-high standards.

Look, we're honestly trying here, and you're being very insulting to the 1000's of hours of work we've put in here. If it doesn't meet your high standard of excellence in every way you desire then you need to take those issues to the IRL community, not the people facilitating the networking and communication of that community.

If there isn't enough LGBT+/POC representation here in terms of staff (we have LGBT+/POC staff by the way) or content it's because people like yourself are spending too much time complaining about what's wrong with everyone else rather than stepping up and producing the content you want to see here. I can only do so much with what I'm being given.

So if you're going to be such a PC-jerk about it, we really don't need your recommendations. We'll do just fine without you.
Insulting? It's insulting to you that I have "high standards" about what I recommend to people I care about? Ok, then. I'll take your advice - I won't recommend the site to the communities I'm apart of. ::meh::

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Insulting? It's insulting to you that I have "high standards" about what I recommend to people I care about? Ok, then. I'll take your advice - I won't recommend the site to the communities I'm apart of. ::meh::
but im sure you'll be more than happy to continue using the site, or you know, you could follow your own advice and go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Now im housed up in a suite for three days. Two bedroom, two different direction facing balconies, pet friendly, and a kitchen. Thank god for CAA coverage. Smartest thing ive done in months. Covers 600$ worth of lodging and food for 72 hours from "incident". That being my truck being inoperable. This doesnt fix the problem but holy fuck do i need this.
Holy fuck I missed being back out here. Tour’s been fucking amazing so far, and getting to see so many old friends and making some new ones has been fantastic.
Off day between Salt Lake City, UT and Reno, NV today. Gonna try to find a campsite for us tonight and I’m excited to sleep under the stars ✨
Holed up in the shop property for the third day. Fried 6 eggs and made some toast for myself and my dog. Something to spice up the dog kibble life. Poured myself the cheap rum and rootbeer drink. Buddy from the insurance/license place brought me some ice :D But there is no sunshine and rainbows. This is survival. This isnt intagram. It was dark and frustrating and cramped, with that side of lonely. Tomorrow we move.
Looking for a few people to join me in an off grid wilderness community. Have hydroelectric and small solar.
Almost died a fiery horrific death when the wiring crossed an shorted in the camper, had to jump in the water to save my dog from drowning when a current was pulling him under roots and branches (one of the most heartwrenching experiences of my life), and i fucked the engine in my truck on the mountain highways. Repairs are going to be expensive and take long. Thats kindof how my summer is going. Beats jail but just barely
Just covered about 500 mi in 12 hrs by train. Two hot as fuck IMs under a full moon. Only one stop was made...an unexpected siding in the exact place i wanted to be.
I'm finally headed out on the road and out of this state as a renowned painter's assistant in a month. I cannot wait for my childhood dream of travelling as a visual artist of some sort to become true. Hats off to you, Mayosky. Bless your fuckin heart man. Ya saved me.
Homeless ,married , 5 fur babies

Members online