Worms?!

nomad89

Reaction score
So...last night I found a worm about 1"-1.5" long in my toilet bowl. It was round, dark brown/black, and still wiggling around. Pretty sure I have parasites, guess that explains why my asshole has been exceptionally itchy the passed few weeks. What the fuck do I do?

K

Kim Chee

I hope you're trollin'

I had a friend who worked at a water purification plant. I'd go down there and see all sorts of things that get flushed: poop, condoms, tampon applicators and crazy fucking wriggling parasites. I saw lots of strange worms:(

Right now: Get into a WalMart, git some of their "dog wormer" for a dog in your weight. Follow package directions.

Later: make an appointment.

nomad89

Reaction score
I hope you're trollin'

I had a friend who worked at a water purification plant. I'd go down there and see all sorts of things that get flushed: poop, condoms, tampon applicators and crazy fucking wriggling parasites. I saw lots of strange worms:(

Right now: Get into a WalMart, git some of their "dog wormer" for a dog in your weight. Follow package directions.

Later: make an appointment.
Definitely not trolling. Thanks for the tip.

K

Kim Chee

Sorry about what you're going through, but congratulations on getting it out there while dealing with it!
I'm sure there are others here who are having or have had similar experiences. Prevention side: do you know how you may have acquired your little buddies?

Yeah yeah, pet store.

Last edited:

nomad89

Reaction score
No idea. I don't have any animals. That being said (despite being housed up) I am pretty dirty. I shower about once a week and will wear the same clothes way longer than I should. It's also worth noting that I do eat raw or rare meat and fish on occasion. Anybody's guess, now that I think about it I shouldn't be surprised that I have parasites.

K

Kim Chee

It's also worth noting that I do eat raw or rare meat and fish on occasion. Anybody's guess, now that I think about it I shouldn't be surprised that I have parasites.

Not showering, being dirty isn't going to give you worms.

Raw animal flesh....
Damn.

Depending on what you have been eating, it could be something pretty exotic, even dangerous. Follow that stuff I offered earlier.

Prevention: Eating raw garlic should be a part of your diet, healthy or not. Cook animal proteins.

japanarchist

Reaction score
Go to your local Heath food store and get some "Wormwood", it comes in a pill form and also as power. If you get it in the power you can drink it like tea and the results will probably will be better but that shit will be STRONG AS FUCK and it taste terrible so get some other herbs to mix it with. You can also try eating Papaya seeds, they're good for killing parasites, fresh pineapple might also be good too. Most of all try to keep your hygiene up, try to wash your hands and food before you eat it. Yeah eating raw meat and especially fish will probably cause to to get parasites, it's best to fully cook your meat to kill whatever parasites that might be hiding in it.

Last edited:

nomad89

Reaction score
Go to your local Heath food store and get some "Wormwood", it comes in a pill form and also as power. If you get it in the power you can drink it like tea and the results will probably will be better but that shit will be STRONG AS FUCK and it taste terrible so get some other herbs to mix it with. You can also try eating Papaya seeds, they're good for killing parasites, fresh pineapple might also be good too. Most of all try to keep your hygiene up, try to wash your hands and food before you eat it. Yeah eating raw meat and especially fish will probably cause to to get parasites, it's best to fully cook your meat to kill whatever parasites that might be hiding in it.
Solid advice. Over-the-counter wormwood doesn't have hallucinogenic properties, right?

East

Reaction score
Do you know of any brand names? Or would a normal pharmacy have them?

i'm sorry, definitely spoke too soon. what you have sounds like a roundworm infection most likely, if you are passing them it is likely you have a high number, the medication that is usually persribed to kill roundworm is also administered with another medicine to paralyze the worm to prevent it from thrashing through the intestines and into the apendix and other organs of the body. i have been treated over the counter for pinworm, but this is definitely more serious. even if you have to stop into an emergency room and complain of extreme abdominal pain (even if there is none) and passing worms it will be worth your time. don't feel bad about it, it's actually the most common intestinal parasite in humans. If it is roundworm letting them persist can put other organs in your body at risk, especially the lungs as they are involved in the reproductive cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascaris_lumbricoides

• Useful
Reactions: nomad89

nomad89

Reaction score
i'm sorry, definitely spoke too soon. what you have sounds like a roundworm infection most likely, if you are passing them it is likely you have a high number, the medication that is usually persribed to kill roundworm is also administered with another medicine to paralyze the worm to prevent it from thrashing through the intestines and into the apendix and other organs of the body. i have been treated over the counter for pinworm, but this is definitely more serious. even if you have to stop into an emergency room and complain of extreme abdominal pain (even if there is none) and passing worms it will be worth your time. don't feel bad about it, it's actually the most common intestinal parasite in humans. If it is roundworm letting them persist can put other organs in your body at risk, especially the lungs as they are involved in the reproductive cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascaris_lumbricoides
Good to know, definitely going into the clinic tomorrow.

Reactions: East

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@mmmmmmmichael

Sorry nomad - hope ya get it all straightened out at the clinic!

• Haha
Reactions: Kal and nomad89

nomad89

Reaction score
Just a little follow up for you guys. Pooped in a cup at urgent care and they gave me a call a few days ago saying that my stool tested negative for 'parasites, segments, or eggs' so I guess that worm ended up in the toilet some other way?

D

Deleted member 2626

soooo how'd this pan out? got me worried. I'm guessing this instance made you think more or watch what you do and will inhibit you from doing it again? I had a similar experience.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads